New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    via sbma. nlex-sctex going to subic. then go to morong gate. easiest para di ka maligaw turn left at puregold/petron junction then follow that road all the way to morong gate. if you've been to ocean adventure or zoobic safari this is the same road but instead of turning right you go straight. pass morong gate and you are already in morong bataan. malayo pa ang town mismo and resorts.

pasyalan? wala. other than the "pwede na" beach resorts (kasi wala naman andun kundi beach) there is nothing more. after the banana boat ride and banca ride to some other supposedly secluded beach there is nothing to do. beach is not good, mabato after just a few meters. this is why the boatmen entice you to go on the banca ride to a better beach.

punta ka sa nuclear power plant kung gusto mo makita kung paano sinayang ng gobyerno ang 1B$.

get sygic on your phone. last time i was there waze is useless as there is no lte signal.
    i agree with you on this, wala talga pasyalan..i guess, Morong, Bataan is very ideal if you wanted to relax and enjoy the beach...as far as ung beach mabato, san po kyo nagpunta na beach..

personally, i've been there 6 times, 4 of those nag stay kami sa Padisamorong...private house with pool..and ung beach sa harap nun is d naman po mabato...pro what i really like there is nakaka relax ung lugar which is my primary reason kung bakit gus2 ko dun...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Often kakambal ng trip to morong is Mt samat and yung boss mikkos bulaluhan s Pilar.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Top 3 places to stay for me in that area would be Anvaya, Las Casas, and Montemar.

Anvaya is easily the most relaxing with a plethora of amenities and modern accommodations. Las Casas is a good trip back in time with picturesque Spanish-era architecture. Montemar is showing its age, but still a good getaway with not much people

Samat is definitely worth a side trip when you're there.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Top 3 places to stay for me in that area would be Anvaya, Las Casas, and Montemar.

Anvaya is easily the most relaxing with a plethora of amenities and modern accommodations. Las Casas is a good trip back in time with picturesque Spanish-era architecture. Montemar is showing its age, but still a good getaway with not much people

Samat is definitely worth a side trip when you're there.

Jut, planning an overnight stay at Las Casas during the holidays, is an overnight stay enough?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Jut, planning an overnight stay at Las Casas during the holidays, is an overnight stay enough?
    We stayed there before, yeah ok na overnight.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Yup. You can do the tour either in the afternoon when you arrive or morning the next day. Then after checking out you can drop by Mt. Samat on the way back.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Thanks Bugs and Jut. Appreciate the response.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    via sbma. nlex-sctex going to subic. then go to morong gate. easiest para di ka maligaw turn left at puregold/petron junction then follow that road all the way to morong gate. if you've been to ocean adventure or zoobic safari this is the same road but instead of turning right you go straight. pass morong gate and you are already in morong bataan. malayo pa ang town mismo and resorts.

pasyalan? wala. other than the "pwede na" beach resorts (kasi wala naman andun kundi beach) there is nothing more. after the banana boat ride and banca ride to some other supposedly secluded beach there is nothing to do. beach is not good, mabato after just a few meters. this is why the boatmen entice you to go on the banca ride to a better beach.

punta ka sa nuclear power plant kung gusto mo makita kung paano sinayang ng gobyerno ang 1B$.

get sygic on your phone. last time i was there waze is useless as there is no lte signal.

Hi, Salamat sa mabato beach tip mag be beach kami next week. Morong Bataan was one of the 2 choices we had to decide on. kaya I tried to find out how to get there the easy way. Now we are definitely going to the other one. thank you!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    We went there a little over a month ago. Took the NLEX-SCTEX-SBMA route. I still think it's the best route going to Morong from Manila.

Waze and my car's navigation system both suggested exiting NLEX at San Fernando, taking Olongapo-Gapan, exiting at SCTEX Dinalupihan then going through SBMA. Both added several minutes to my ETA when I insisted on not exiting at San Fernando. I've taken this alternate route before, riding as a passenger on a service van going home from Morong during a company outing. If the roads are clear and you drive fast, it's faster. But I still suggest taking NLEX all the way to the SCTEX interchange. Olongapo-Gapan is the typical provincial road, lots of things that the van had to overtake.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa.jpl View Post
    We went there a little over a month ago. Took the NLEX-SCTEX-SBMA route. I still think it's the best route going to Morong from Manila.

Waze and my car's navigation system both suggested exiting NLEX at San Fernando, taking Olongapo-Gapan, exiting at SCTEX Dinalupihan then going through SBMA. Both added several minutes to my ETA when I insisted on not exiting at San Fernando. I've taken this alternate route before, riding as a passenger on a service van going home from Morong during a company outing. If the roads are clear and you drive fast, it's faster. But I still suggest taking NLEX all the way to the SCTEX interchange. Olongapo-Gapan is the typical provincial road, lots of things that the van had to overtake.
    Since I frequented Subic/Bataan a lot before, I've computed that SCTEX will be faster than OG Road if you travel on SCTEX at an average of 107 kph to beat someone traveling on OG at an average of 60 kph.

OG is more prone to variances in travel time because of the San Fernando tollgate, Dinalupihan tollgate, stoplights in Guagua and Lubao, plus the presence of more tricycles, trucks, and buses. But it's 30 km shorter and toll is 200 pesos cheaper (one way).

You also use less fuel via OG. If I travel on SCTEX at 105-110 kph, that's about 16 km/L for me, so I use around 4.25L. If I travel on OG at an avergae of 60 kph, that's around 13 km/L for me, so that's 2.92L. So that's an extra 66 pesos that I save, one way, for a total of 266 pesos. If you drive frequently to Subic/Bataan, that adds up to quite a huge expense per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico R View Post
    Hi, Salamat sa mabato beach tip mag be beach kami next week. Morong Bataan was one of the 2 choices we had to decide on. kaya I tried to find out how to get there the easy way. Now we are definitely going to the other one. thank you!
    Hindi mabato ang beach sa Anvaya which is in Morong also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12