New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Did you pass by the Temple of Leah on your way down to Lahug?
    Just passed, dint get in. Delice & Top of Cebu are good stops...right before Tops.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespeed800 View Post
    Im Planning to travel with my car from quezon city to cebu city. What would be the best route to take? Via leyte or masbate? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The best route will depend on the purpose of your trip and how many persons are in this trip.

Option 1. If its for pure Cebu holiday, and maximum of 4 persons, my suggestion is you leave your car in your garage and take the plane to Cebu City, should not cost you more than 3K per passenger if you booked early. You can rent a car or hire a van when you arrive in Cebu, the rate should be around 1k to 4k/day depending on the type of car you need and the length of trip.

Option 2. If its part roadtrip and Cebu holiday, without time constraints, and you want to check if Mayon volcano is in Naga City or in Albay and check why San Juanico Bridge is the Philippines longest bridge, then the QC-Bicol-Samar-Leyte-Cebu route is for you. It will be a 2 roro/ferry crossing, first is Matnog-Allen and the second is either, Ormoc-Cebu; Palompon-Cebu or Maasin-Cebu. Depending on your driving stamina it could be a 2 day to 3 days trip (I heard the road condition in Samar are still bad for small cars), just make sure you call the shipping company for their latest roro schedule. The travel cost (hotel, food, gas, ferry) for this route is around P15-20K (one way) to reach Cebu. The cost difference of this option to the first option is around P 8K and 2 days extra travel and a sore butt.

Option 3. If you plan a pure Cebu holiday but also want to know where Mayon volcano true location is, then the QC-Bicol-Masbate-Cebu route is for you. I already posted the details for this trip above. Again be sure to call the shipping lines for their current schedule. This route is approx a 1.5 day travel (if you didn't miss the ferries) and travel cost should be below P15k. It will be almost the same cost as option 1 (for 4 persons travelling), the trip is a day longer compared to option 1, and a less sore butt compared to option 2. But in this option you dont need to rent a car once in Cebu, and save at least P 1K/day.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; February 12th, 2018 at 12:17 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Roroadtrip vacations are fun esp when everyone's into the journey more than the destination. I take every such an opportunity to just drive. You'll have sked-flexibility & rush-freedom. No flights to catch or miss. No luggage weight limits to think about. You can just load stuff into the trunk. Best of all, you get to play by ear. The quality bonding time, the fun in driving your familiar car over a rental.....These summed up, to me, are priceless.[emoji4]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Roroadtrip vacations are fun esp when everyone's into the journey more than the destination. I take every such an opportunity to just drive. You'll have sked-flexibility & rush-freedom. No flights to catch or miss. No luggage weight limits to think about. You can just load stuff into the trunk. Best of all, you get to play by ear. The quality bonding time, the fun in driving your familiar car over a rental.....These summed up, to me, are priceless.[emoji4]

So true, these are the kinds of trips I love.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    The best route will depend on the purpose of your trip and how many persons are in this trip.

Option 1. If its for pure Cebu holiday, and maximum of 4 persons, my suggestion is you leave your car in your garage and take the plane to Cebu City, should not cost you more than 3K per passenger if you booked early. You can rent a car or hire a van when you arrive in Cebu, the rate should be around 1k to 4k/day depending on the type of car you need and the length of trip.

Option 2. If its part roadtrip and Cebu holiday, without time constraints, and you want to check if Mayon volcano is in Naga City or in Albay and check why San Juanico Bridge is the Philippines longest bridge, then the QC-Bicol-Samar-Leyte-Cebu route is for you. It will be a 2 roro/ferry crossing, first is Matnog-Allen and the second is either, Ormoc-Cebu; Palompon-Cebu or Maasin-Cebu. Depending on your driving stamina it could be a 2 day to 3 days trip (I heard the road condition in Samar are still bad for small cars), just make sure you call the shipping company for their latest roro schedule. The travel cost (hotel, food, gas, ferry) for this route is around P15-20K (one way) to reach Cebu. The cost difference of this option to the first option is around P 8K and 2 days extra travel and a sore butt.

Option 3. If you plan a pure Cebu holiday but also want to know where Mayon volcano true location is, then the QC-Bicol-Masbate-Cebu route is for you. I already posted the details for this trip above. Again be sure to call the shipping lines for their current schedule. This route is approx a 1.5 day travel (if you didn't miss the ferries) and travel cost should be below P15k. It will be almost the same cost as option 1 (for 4 persons travelling), the trip is a day longer compared to option 1, and a less sore butt compared to option 2. But in this option you dont need to rent a car once in Cebu, and save at least P 1K/day.
    I am about to buy a car and planning to drive it to cebu city or via boat directly to cebu.i dont know the price of TOGO or sulpicio but if the difference is minimal ill just go with the less hassle and safer route.thanks

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Just an update, I called 2GO, their estimate is 25k while Gothong's estimate is 32k. Although, i like travelling by land, im not familiar with the route so i might go with the former.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

option1 less stress . family prefers road trips though lol. old man syndrome

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Anyone recently travelled from Samar to Manila via Maharlika Highway? What is the road condition? Calbayog to Allen? Naga City to Tagkawayan via Andaya? Is the GMA highway finished? im planning to travel to Manila from Cebu City thru Kho Lines either via Calbayog City or Masbate to Pio Duran Port.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Anyone recently travelled from Samar to Manila via Maharlika Highway? What is the road condition? Calbayog to Allen? Naga City to Tagkawayan via Andaya? Is the GMA highway finished? im planning to travel to Manila from Cebu City thru Kho Lines either via Calbayog City or Masbate to Pio Duran Port.
    Check Matnog-Bogo.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Finally completed my land trip travel from Bogo Cebu to Matnog Sorsogon to Legaspi then to Las Pinas. Thanks to Travajante for suggesting to try the Bogo to Matnog route.
    Costs:
    Bogo to Matnog Ferry Fare = 12,750
    Polambato Misc Fees = 350+70= 420
    Passenger Fare /Tourist = 1,250/pax

Travel Time = 10 hours
    Boat speed = 10 knots.
    Sailing time = 11:50 PM
    Boarding Time 10 PM

Diesel = 2,400+ 1,300= 3,700
    Average consumption 12km/liter

Road Conditions
    Cebu to Bogo = drive 3 hours, left 3 PM heavy traffic, 1 hour from Mandaue to Liloan. Good road especially to Bogo from Carmen.

Matnog to Albay= Wide 4 lane, asphalted Sorsogon roads to Legaspi, very few pot holes.

Albay to Cam sur (Sipocot) = Same as Sorsogon road.

Sipocot to Tagkawayan (Quezon) = Much improved but no near the Sorsogon roads condition. More pot holes, 3 segments with one way traffic.
    Tagkawayan to Atimonan = You wlll curse a lot !
    Atimonan to LPC = Driveable

Got my Autoswerp RFID at Petron km 44 Northbound

Total driving hours (incl Cebu) with stops = 15 hours.
    I left Albay 1:30 AM. dont leave earlier, otherwise you will share the road with the buses. Night visibility is the key for faster. travel. Waze now has all the railroad crossing as proximity alert.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; March 20th, 2024 at 05:45 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Manila to Cebu by Land