New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I can't pass narrow streets Baka makasagi lang ako. I have really bad eyesight and the dark tint of my car makes it worse

Baka lumabas ako ng Antipolo sa pasikot sikot dyan haha
    The narrow streets of Mandaluyong are pretty narrow. One time may nilikuan ako na side street to avoid the traffic of another side street, I had to fold my side mirrors or else tatamaan ko yung jeep na nakapark sa kanan at yung mga tumatagay sa tabi ng daan sa kaliwa. Times like these I'm thankful that Ford was thoughtful enough to give power-folding side mirrors on such a huge car.

Anyway, it's not that bad IMO. Longest travel ko pauwi from Makati to Shaw is 1 hr of EDSA traffic. Average is 45 minutes. Pag weekend, same route is 10-15 minutes.

From BGC to GH add about 15-30 minutes to those numbers.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I usually take 11th Ave, then turn right at Kalayaan.
    From there, it's an ave. 10kph till you reach the C5/Kalayan intersection.
    Then turn right and take the *($&%)$(*%&$()* elevated U-TURN slot. (BOTTLENECK!)
    Once I clear the *$(&*($%&)($*^&%*()^&) elevated U-TURN slot, it's another bottleneck just until you clear the opposite U-TURN slot. From there, it's smooth driving (USUALLY...) until you get to Toyota Pasig. Before I get to Toyota Pasig, I bail out and take the UTURN slot and head to Lanuza.
    Long story short, it usually takes me 20mins to get from BGC Net One center to that part of Ortigas with ETON Cyberpod.
    Siguro additional 10mins to get from there to GH.
    I usually start my drive at 630pm.

If you feel brave, you can shave a couple of minutes after you exit the UTURN ramp by taking the right most lane, then going through the service road. Tapos merge back to C5 after you clear the other UTURN slot from the service road.
    Last edited by ess; June 24th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    EDSA ka na. New resto na naman ba yan?
    Not so new. I thought of venturing outside Makati/Fort but it turned out to be a bad idea. Next time I will stick to my radius.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The narrow streets of Mandaluyong are pretty narrow. One time may nilikuan ako na side street to avoid the traffic of another side street, I had to fold my side mirrors or else tatamaan ko yung jeep na nakapark sa kanan at yung mga tumatagay sa tabi ng daan sa kaliwa. Times like these I'm thankful that Ford was thoughtful enough to give power-folding side mirrors on such a huge car.

Anyway, it's not that bad IMO. Longest travel ko pauwi from Makati to Shaw is 1 hr of EDSA traffic. Average is 45 minutes. Pag weekend, same route is 10-15 minutes.

From BGC to GH add about 15-30 minutes to those numbers.

May nadaanan na ako na ganyan - Narrow street na double parking pa, one way pa! Pag may siraulo na nag counterflow, reverse lang talaga ang option

Yung mga taga North pala working in Makati, umaga pa lang, stress na sa traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    I usually take 11th Ave, then turn right at Kalayaan.
    From there, it's an ave. 10kph till you reach the C5/Kalayan intersection.
    Then turn right and take the *($&%)$(*%&$()* elevated U-TURN slot. (BOTTLENECK!)
    Once I clear the *$(&*($%&)($*^&%*()^&) elevated U-TURN slot, it's another bottleneck just until you clear the opposite U-TURN slot. From there, it's smooth driving (USUALLY...) until you get to Toyota Pasig. Before I get to Toyota Pasig, I bail out and take the UTURN slot and head to Lanuza.
    Long story short, it usually takes me 20mins to get from BGC Net One center to that part of Ortigas with ETON Cyberpod.
    Siguro additional 10mins to get from there to GH.
    I usually start my drive at 630pm.

If you feel brave, you can shave a couple of minutes after you exit the UTURN ramp by taking the right most lane, then going through the service road. Tapos merge back to C5 after you clear the other UTURN slot from the service road.
    Iwana ko na na yung route na yan at baka mapa *($&%)$(*%&$()* din ako hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hahahah!
    Well... on average mga 10mins worth lang naman yung (*$&%($ na yon eh.

The main issue is getting out of BGC and Makati CBD and getting to cross the Pasig river. Whatever route you take, you're pretty much stuck. Your choice na lang on how you get stuck. Be it a slow crawling (edsa), stressful jostling for position (C5) or going through narrow roads.

Once you get to cross the Pasig river, it's almost always smooth driving (except for edsa, where you'll have to suffer a bit more until you get to the Ortigas flyover).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Musta cathy? So what route kinuha mo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Musta cathy? So what route kinuha mo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I left my car in BGC and I rode with my friend instead. He is good with navigation too and I just observed what route he will take He took the route below.

Quote Originally Posted by peejay_07 View Post
    diretso ka lang ng 5th ave until nasa left mo na st. lukes and right ang S&R. tapos right ka sa pinakadulo. then left ka after Lexus. dirediretso na yan sa lawton (crossing kalayaan). tapos left ka sa JP Rizal. dirediretso lang then left ka na paakyat ng EDSA (clover leaf ng Guadalupe).
    We left BGC at 7:00 pm and we got to Greenhills at 8:30. Wala naman nga traffic except for the intersection crossing Kalayaan. After that, it was moderate traffic na. Going home, we left at 10:55 and we were back in BGC around 11:15. What a difference in EDSA!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I left my car in BGC and I rode with my friend instead. He is good with navigation too and I just observed what route he will take He took the route below.

We left BGC at 7:00 pm and we got to Greenhills at 8:30. Wala naman nga traffic except for the intersection crossing Kalayaan. After that, it was moderate traffic na. Going home, we left at 10:55 and we were back in BGC around 11:15. What a difference in EDSA!
    Yan ang best route, makisabay nalang. May libreng chauffeur pa.:D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ms. c4u, magc-create na ng username dito sa tsikot yung sinabayan mo at magrereklamo sa "pasabay naman hanggang kanto lang" thread :D

Sent from Constantinople

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ha ha ha. Nahiya nga ko pauwi. I insisted on taking a cab kasi he lives North kaya malalagari pa siya going back to BGC. (Mahal pa naman ng gas ngayon) Wala kasi dumadaan cab masyado dun sa area, sabi ko drop off na lang kung saan may cab e dineretso niya sa BGC. Sobrang bait talaga niya

Last edited by _Cathy_; June 25th, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    From bgc take c5 ( going to eastwood )then take a u turn slot then turn right going to valle verde and ultra then take ortigas extension going to edsa. Lagpas ka ng intersection ng edsa at las salle greenhills then turn right to conneticut st.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast