New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Helo tsikoteers,,,

Any experts here on Land driving from Manila going to Zambo City, I'm planning to have this done next summer.. Cause we always visit my in-laws yearly in Zambo city. Upon reading this thread...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16550

mukhang masarap at makatipid pa ciguro sa plane tickets pag 5 passengers kami babiyahe... kaya lang meron bang expert dito yung panu ang route from Leyte taking a ferry at san dis-embark then SAFEST LAND ROUTE( kasi baka ma-ambush o holdap sa mindanao muslim area)going to Zamboanga City...

Maraming Salamat sa mag-reply...

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I've traveled the Manila-Surigao route twice and it took me 3 days, each travelling 10 hrs per day. First day stop at Legazpi or Sorsogon (you can hit the resorts in Legazpi or a nice hot spring in Sorsogon - look it up in the web). The next night spent at Tacloban and saw McArthur's statue. The third night slept in Surigao which was my final destination. Rode two ferries, one Matnog-Allen and the other Liloan-Lipata (Surigao). Plan to arrive Liloan early in the morning to catch the mid-morning ferry to Surigao. And bring plenty of copies of your OR&CR.

If you plan to proceed to Zamboanga, Surigao-Cagayan de Oro is another 6-8 hrs, and I heard that Cagayan de Oro to Zamboanga is another day (I've never been to Zamboanga).

Maybe it would be better if you use the batangas-mindoro-antique-dumaguete route. I have never traveled that route but the final landfall is Dipolog (I think). It should be shorter than the bicol-samar-leyte route. Besides, there are plenty of nice beaches to hit in Mindoro, Aklan and Dumaguete. But you'll have to catch 4 ferries.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by calcite

Maybe it would be better if you use the batangas-mindoro-antique-dumaguete route. I have never traveled that route but the final landfall is Dipolog (I think). It should be shorter than the bicol-samar-leyte route. Besides, there are plenty of nice beaches to hit in Mindoro, Aklan and Dumaguete. But you'll have to catch 4 ferries.
    I've got a friend who's from Zamboanga, and the Batangas route I quoted above is the one he takes when he gets the urge to drive there.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    Helo tsikoteers,,,

Any experts here on Land driving from Manila going to Zambo City, I'm planning to have this done next summer.. Cause we always visit my in-laws yearly in Zambo city. Upon reading this thread...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16550

mukhang masarap at makatipid pa ciguro sa plane tickets pag 5 passengers kami babiyahe... kaya lang meron bang expert dito yung panu ang route from Leyte taking a ferry at san dis-embark then SAFEST LAND ROUTE( kasi baka ma-ambush o holdap sa mindanao muslim area)going to Zamboanga City...

Maraming Salamat sa mag-reply...

WBR,
    InnovaBoy,

Here is my two cents;

I was working in Telecom Company to be exact is GSM Roll-out and my area of responsibilities are South Luzon, Bicol Region to Western Visayas. Last time of travel was last September lang. If you want the Mindoro route, here is some tips baka makatulong sa trip mo.

You have to be in Batangas Pier before 6Am, two hours yan to Calapan Pier, Mindoro Orriental, ang charge ranging 900 to 1200 petot (I used my Mitsu Adv). From Calapan, you have to travel to Roxas, Mindoro pier and must reach before 11AM (2 hours trip). 12nn ang depart ng ferry dun from Roxas to Caticlan, Aklan (charge is 2200 petot). Travel time is between 3 to 4hours. Kung hindi ka nagmamadali, mag Boracay ka muna upon reaching Caticlan. Next trip is Caticlan to Iloilo City via Aklan, Capiz then Iloilo. I suggest you have to rest pag dating mo Iloilo. It will take you 3 to 4 hours trip from Caticlan to Iloilo. The next day, Iloilo to Bacolod Pier, 2 to 3 hours ulit at less than 1k ang charge. Then from Bacolod City to Dumaguete na, 2 to 3 hours ulit ang travel time. From Dumaguete its either mag via Cebu ka or deretso na ng Cagayan de Oro via ferry serve on that route.

Sensya na at hanggang Dumaguete lang ang kabisado, Central Visayas na kasi ang Cebu

Happy trip!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ayaw mo superferry? ok ung mga higher class accomodations nila..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for those who replied...

Bale i want to make some computations if indeed kung makatipid ako sa gastos sa lahat as against buying plane tickets per person of around P3800 * 5 =19,000..

expenses on this trip..

Fuel full tank = 55 li * 31/L = 1,705 * 4 full tanks = 6,820
    Ferry Matnog/ Allen = 1,200
    Ferry Liloan / Lipata = 1,500
    2 overnight rooms average of 2,000 * 2 = 4,000
    Meals / Snack in between lump sum (tipid na to) = 3,000 ( 1K per day)
    running total = 16,520

What do you think guys?? suggestions or comments pls...

*BB,

medyo OK ang land trip, pede ka stop anywhere you like to see.. heheh..

WBR,

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I would suggest you bring some toys or things to keep your kids occupied. Maiinip ang mga bata sa tagal ng biyahe.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    kung yung time during travel eh considered part ng vacation mo and your family then go ahead otherwise choose the one that will get you to the location the quickest (para hindi sayang oras at panahon sa biyahe)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I suggest that you take the route from Batangas then touch Mindanao via Dipolog. Ok naman ang roads sa Zamboanga pare. Taga-Oroquieta City family namin eh so I frequent the Dipolog-Ozamis Highway. I don't suggest CDO kse that's another 5 hours (including ferry ride from the city near Iligan to Ozamis). Layo yun!

OR

Take Superferry pare. Here's my suggestion: Take your kid with you and book you and your kid sa Suite or Cabin (para may discount pag bata) then book the rest of the family sa Economy accomodation. Pag naka larga na at tapos na ticket inspection, lipat na lang family mo sa Suite/Cabin. Bayad ka na lang for extra pillows if available. ganun lagi naming ginagawa pag umuuwe kme. Dala ka na lang ng ulam (I do because maarte ako sa pagkain eh) preferably adobo and friend chicken para di masira agad. There are stopovers anyway (usually Ilolo, Dumaguete or even Cebu) then just buy food there. Stopovers usually last between 2-4 hours kaya may time pa naman kahit papano to go around. I did that in Iloilo. Problema ko lang pag boat and may stopover eh ubos na agad pera ko sa shopping and kakakain! hehehe! Pero, masaya pare! Best of all, you need not drive!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    im from pagadian city.....

if you decide to go landtrip nga... pwede ka mag philtranco nalang from pasay up to cagayan de oro... then from cagayan de oro take RURAL TRANSIT bus for another 12hours trip to zamboanga city, passing through our small city of pagadian.

if superferry, i think its 4 days from manila coz iikot pa...

btw, if ang concern mo is ambush, ingat ka nalang sa zamboanga del norte part if coming from dipolog,

or from pagadian city to zamboanga city doon ka magiingat medyo rough roads and far in between ang towns.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Driving to Zamboanga City from Manila...