New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    anybody has experience on the SRNH roro trips? like how many hours from batangas to calapan, roxas, mindoro to caticlan, iloilo to bacolod and lastly dumaguete to dapita city? Thanks...

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Let me share my travel experience from Manila to Dipolog City. I took the Batangas-Mindoro-Caticlan- Iloilo- Bacolod-Dumaguete-Dapitan route. From my residence in Quezon city to where im going in Dipolog the total odometer reading is 723km. Total travel time 4 nites including our 2 nite vacation in Boracay. Each land/sea travel time will not go beyond 4hrs. If your confused on which way to go, all you need is just follow those buses plying the same route. It was really a superb experience for my entire family. Those were the days wherein we still need to ask for Ancar permit from TMG. They were abolished after the creation of the Nautical Hi-way. Just bring lots of xerox copies of OR/CR mainly required by shipping firm & coast guard. Ive heard Ceres Transit has a daily bus trip from Cubao to Zamboanga but i think its very uncomfortable and its not airconed. The whole bus trip is said to last for almost 24hrs. This route is more than half shorter than taking the Bicol-Surigao-Cagayan de Oro route. Hope this will help you decide.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yes, am planning to take the SRNH in going down to zambo...

then the surigao-samar-bicol route in going up back to manila...

Want to see the whole philippines before migrating to other country....

WBR,

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    +1 from the famous quote " Huwag maging dayuhan sa sariling bayan "

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    Yes, am planning to take the SRNH in going down to zambo...

then the surigao-samar-bicol route in going up back to manila...

Want to see the whole philippines before migrating to other country....

WBR,
    So, you're leaving the country but hopefully not the Tsikot forum. Congratulations and Good Luck.

Sorry, I was not able to reply to your PM. Our planned trip to Zambo is still tentative.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3482[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by motegi View Post
    +1 from the famous quote " Huwag maging dayuhan sa sariling bayan "
    Thank you po...

May i ask since you said it took you 4 nights with 2 nights in boracay, may i know where did you stop for the other 2 nights? Thanks..

WBR,

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    So, you're leaving the country but hopefully not the Tsikot forum. Congratulations and Good Luck.

Sorry, I was not able to reply to your PM. Our planned trip to Zambo is still tentative.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3482[/SIZE]
    Ok let me know by PM if it pushes thru ... Thanks..

WBR,

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    Thank you po...

May i ask since you said it took you 4 nights with 2 nights in boracay, may i know where did you stop for the other 2 nights? Thanks..

WBR,
    We spend our first night driving thru Batangas & Mindoro hi-way. We took the first trip at 1am from Batangas port. We arrive in Caticlan around 12:30 pm so we spend 2 nights in Boracay. We spend our 4th night in Dumaguete coz we failed to catch up with the last ferry for Dapitan. Last ferry trip for Dapitan is at 5pm.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Innova_Boy, today is 6 May 2010. Natuloy ka ba sa mga plano mo? i'm planning to travel going to zamboanga city via Batangas up to Dipolog route this coming June together with my family... any advise sa naging travel mo (kung natuloy ka).. ilang oras/araw lahat?, magkano ginastos? ok lang ba kahit sedan lang ang gamitin? best place to stopover / spend overnight between routes? ligtas ba kahit may dalang mga bata? worst road (saang lugar)?... thanks... or kahit cno na may experience especially recently please do share.. ayaw ko ng via bicol masyado mahaba byahe by road at least yung via Batangas maraming pahinga sa mga ferry. Muchas Gracias!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi Von, I took the Manila to zamboanga route several times already but I usually pass by the Manila-Batangas-Calapan-Roxas-Caticlan-Dumangas-Bacolod-Dumaguete-Dapitan-Zamboanga Route.... I think if you take this route you will have no problem with sedan. Personally, the hardest part was just the bacolod-Dumaguete Route, but ok rin naman, mahaba at palikoliko lang hehehe

I think the most important part if you want your trip to go smoothly is to get the RORO ticket from Roxas-Caticlan ahead of time. You can check schedule with Montenegro Shipping lines... Try texting Nina - 09082856197, she works in Montenegro....

Stop over? Hmmmm I took a stop in Caticlan and went to bporacay for the night. Actrually I made sure I arrive in Caticlan before lunch to maximixe my Boracay Stay. But if you intent to travel directly, Ilo-ilo would be a good 1st Stop. then maybe a Night in Dumaguete or Dipolog already.

If you just count the land travel time without the waiting time, I think it will be around 17-20 hours and the RORO time will be around 11-14 hours.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Driving to Zamboanga City from Manila...