New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    revive ko lang ulit itong thread nato kasi di kami natuloy nun,

but this year matuloy na kami sa april...

so best pa rin ang batangas-mindoro-antique-dumaguete route?

I prefer kasi yung konti lang RORO kasi you never know kung delikado ang dagat anytime...

so if i prefer only 2 RORO, i must make the matnog-allen and liloan-lipata then pass by CDO to Zambo? Thanks again..

since this was 2 years ago baka meron additional inputs kayo diyan...

WBR,

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm from Dumaguete City and so far sa mga Zamboanga trekkers from Manila, they take the Superferry from Manila to Cebu then take the 165km trip here sa Dumaguete then they ride a ferry going direct to Dipolog City.

That is for those who want to take some scenic routes hehe.

But you can always take the Cebu to Zamboanga, Sulpicio Lines ferry trip every Thursday.

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    revive ko lang ulit itong thread nato kasi di kami natuloy nun,

but this year matuloy na kami sa april...

so best pa rin ang batangas-mindoro-antique-dumaguete route?

I prefer kasi yung konti lang RORO kasi you never know kung delikado ang dagat anytime...

so if i prefer only 2 RORO, i must make the matnog-allen and liloan-lipata then pass by CDO to Zambo? Thanks again..

since this was 2 years ago baka meron additional inputs kayo diyan...

WBR,
    i've made just 1 RO-RO land journey, nung '06, manila to catbalogan samar. we left holy monday, returned the day after easter sunday. 18 hours, 1 ferry ride papunta, 24 hours, 1 ferry ride pabalik. 24 hours pabalik kasi kasabay ko na yung mga buses returning to manila... matrafic at mahirap i-overtake.

one thing i learned is that the calculations you do will greatly differ from what you'll spend/consume on the road, in the baking heat of the maharlika highway. yung gas, for example... my calcs were off by 30% because I didn't take into consideration the pedal to the metal driving (which was a lot, kasi hinahabol ko yung daylight) nung papunta. pati yung presyo ng gas, iba-iba, minsan higher ng 1 peso per liter. or minsan madaya yung gas station. one gas station in naga made me fork over near 1,500 for half a tank of gas. either may daya o sadyang mahal sa kanila. yoko na lang makipag-away dun malayo sa bahay ko eh hehe.

but i'm not discouraging you from your roadtrip ha... it's fun and the feeling of being able to stop anywhere, eat whatever you like, visit any tourist attraction you want... is absolutely priceless. but be prepared for major exhaustion, especially if you drive a m/t and you alone will do all the driving.

ganda talaga pilipinas dre, and most roads are safe na naman. ewan ko lang sa mindanao area. for some strange reason, i enjoy driving down the southern seaboard more than i do going up north. sabi nila mas maganda daw roads sa north, pero pag dumaan ka sa long straights sa bicol magtataka ka what the fuss is all about sa north luzon roads.

i asked for travel advice sa 4x4ph... medyo mahilig din kasi bumiyahe mga tao dun. their advice was spot on, very accurate and helpful. eto yun link sa travel destination subforum nila, if i remember correctly, meron na nag drive dun from manila to cebu, and manila to zambo. yung posts nila complete pati tech info, gas consumption, road hazards etc etc: http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7

good luck, and happy drivin

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the tip..

I also notice that the google map of Iphone has the list of towns you will pass thru all along.. Ayus pala google maps pati whole philippines meron na guide....

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Innova Boy, I'm also planning to go to Zamboanga City this April via Mindoro, Panay, Negros then to Dipolog and all the way to Zamboanga City.

:toma: 3343

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Im from Leyte and almost every other year ako umuuwi via land trip and once pumunta kami sa Davao.

Mas less expense pa rin ang Bicol-Samar-Leyte-Surigao route kasi 2 lang ang RoRo at mas mura ang fare ng ferry boat dito.

The roads are okey except the portion from Allen to Catbalogan Samar na hindi ka pwede magpatakbo ng mabilis kasi maraming potholes.
    Pleasure driving lang bro and for sure you will enjoy your trip.
    Sana ako rin makauwi this summer...I miss the land trip.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have read in 4x4ph that one needs a vehcle clearance from TMG when traveling by RORO, Is this true? or just some sort of mulcting at the pier? Thanks..

WBR,

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Innova Boy, I'm also planning to go to Zamboanga City this April via Mindoro, Panay, Negros then to Dipolog and all the way to Zamboanga City.

:toma: 3343
    thats good to hear, when will plan to leave manila then? we plan to leave last week of april but no definite date yet...

kami kasi mag bicol, samar, leyte, surigao route naman...then Zamboanga city..

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Innova_boy, Bili ka ng EZ map yung malaki. 550 pesos ata sa Mercury drug/ national bookstore...

very helpful! Plus, don't forget to bring more than a dozen batteries for the digicam.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I have read in 4x4ph that one needs a vehicle clearance from TMG when traveling by RORO, Is this true? or just some sort of mulcting at the pier? Thanks..

No need, just bring your vehicle's OR/CR. Stay away from fixers mapapalaki lang gastos mo, go direct to the pier counter/s.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Driving to Zamboanga City from Manila...