New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    ^
    Could the bad visibility be because the beams are white? (or does it just look white on the pic?)
    I don't think so. Fog is white in color, when the light hits it, the reflection is whiteish. I've driven in severe fog before, headlights don't do much, the reflection even causes glare sometimes. One time I even turned off the headlight and just used the drls so I could see the road.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Drove to Sagada today. To be honest, it's not a very enjoyable drive. Too many slow trucks and the road is really just like a longer Kennon.

This view though somehow made up for it:

P.S. Yes, kayang kaya ng sedan. Some unpaved parts, but nothing unusual for provincial roads in our country.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I see that you made the trip in a Civic, so I'm guessing the low road clearance is not an issue?

I'm planning to make a similar trip from Manila to Sagada, through Banawe in Mid Feb, and my concerns are:
    • Are sedans with low road clearance like a Honda Accord an issue?
    • I've heard of safety concerns, the threat of being hijacked/robbed by random mountain locals. How real/serious is this?
    • Do certain stretches get too narrow? Is there a risk of getting the car scratched on rock surfaces or oncoming traffic an issue?

Any other tips to do with making this road-trip would also help.

Is finding safe parking in Sagada an issue?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    hataw mode. leave early around 3am so you can go at least 140+ kph and travel the distance nlex-sctex-tplex in less than 2 hours. tapos arrive in baguio before 7 am so you avoid the traffic, skip baguio and have your breakfast at la trinidad.
    What about speed traps and getting ticketed for over speeding?

Car and Driver are capable and willing to go well over 140 , but concerned that the law enforcement and rules on the expressway wont allow for it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aj2018 View Post

Car and Driver are capable and willing to go well over 140 , but concerned that the law enforcement and rules on the expressway wont allow for it.
    No SCTEX/TPLEX speed enforcers before and after office hours.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

wala pa nanghuhuli sa ganung time. also after sunset. my guess is even if they try they can't capture the license plate number due to the headlights blinding their cameras. so if they can't clearly record your license plate then they can't make a case.

or like jut said, di pa naka-time in yung cameraman.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    3 patay matapos mahulog sa bangin ang isang commuter van | Video | GMA News Online

Ingat pag biyahe lalo na pag ma fog. Mas mahirap makita daan pag day fog.
    Make sure condition ang brakes, napudpud brakes ng starex ko sa biyahe dito.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I see that you made the trip in a Civic, so I'm guessing the low road clearance is not an issue?

I'm planning to make a similar trip from Manila to Sagada, through Banawe in Mid Feb, and my concerns are:
    • Are sedans with low road clearance like a Honda Accord an issue?
    • I've heard of safety concerns, the threat of being hijacked/robbed by random mountain locals. How real/serious is this?
    • Do certain stretches get too narrow? Is there a risk of getting the car scratched on rock surfaces or oncoming traffic an issue?

Any other tips to do with making this road-trip would also help.

Is finding safe parking in Sagada an issue?
    No to all your questions.

My Civic was fine with 3 passengers and never scraped anything in the entire trip.

Threats of hijack/hold-up are real but not in the area going to Sagada. It is more prevalent in the road heading further north to Besao. My sales team covers this area regularly and have not been robbed ever even if they travel at night.

There are some one-way bits when there's road construction but it's never too narrow and there are marshalls.

In Sagada, there's a pay parking area although it's because the streets are narrow, not because they're unsafe. In fact Sagada has one of the lowest crime rates because people aren't materialistic there.

Overall, it's really just like any other roadtrip, albeit longer than usual. 3.5-4 hours to Baguio, plus stopovers, then another 5-6 hours to Sagada. Make sure your car is in good condition, and you as a driver are in good condition to drive several hundred kilometers of winding roads.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    No to all your questions.

My Civic was fine with 3 passengers and never scraped anything in the entire trip.

Threats of hijack/hold-up are real but not in the area going to Sagada. It is more prevalent in the road heading further north to Besao. My sales team covers this area regularly and have not been robbed ever even if they travel at night.

There are some one-way bits when there's road construction but it's never too narrow and there are marshalls.

In Sagada, there's a pay parking area although it's because the streets are narrow, not because they're unsafe. In fact Sagada has one of the lowest crime rates because people aren't materialistic there.

Overall, it's really just like any other roadtrip, albeit longer than usual. 3.5-4 hours to Baguio, plus stopovers, then another 5-6 hours to Sagada. Make sure your car is in good condition, and you as a driver are in good condition to drive several hundred kilometers of winding roads.

Thank you for all the information and responses. Very useful in making my decision to drive, versus ride a group-tour van.

No SCTEX/TPLEX speed enforcers before and after office hours.

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    wala pa nanghuhuli sa ganung time. also after sunset. my guess is even if they try they can't capture the license plate number due to the headlights blinding their cameras. so if they can't clearly record your license plate then they can't make a case.

or like jut said, di pa naka-time in yung cameraman.
    Thanks for that; will keep in mind, and drive responsibly.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    can anyone share some tourist spots that are senior friendly? say <500m from car parking? thanks

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jage1234 View Post
    can anyone share some tourist spots that are senior friendly? say <500m from car parking? thanks
    my mom says most of the places, except the caves..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast