New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hdj80 View Post
    I did manila-vigan last january for a legal meeting. Left around 12mn no traffic. Took only 5 hours. Best times talaga to drive that route is late at night to early morning to avoid all the trikes and jeeps.

Drove back to manila and left around 3pm took me around 6-6.5 hrs because of the traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you sir, if traveling to provinces, it's better to travel midnight or early morning to avoid traffic, jeeps and trikes, dati if we travel to Boracay when we were still young, we always leave iloilo midnight. Yun nga lang, you have to sleep or rest early.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    How about the province where gas is cheaper...

Sa La Union na yun?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Sa La Union na yun?
    Yes, sa la union may murang caltex before rosario coming from manila. nasa left side siya.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Sa La Union na yun?
    Sa Bauang ang pinakamura... Centrum at Phoenix. mas di hamak na mura dito kesa sa manila!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I travel to Ilocos Norte almost every month. If I leave my house in Bacoor Cavite at around 10am, I can reach Paoay Ilocos Norte before 8am given a smooth traffic in EDSA during midnight.

The most important point when you travel North is you must have enough rest and sleep because once you entered NLEX, it will be a 207 kms highway until TPLEX Pozzorubio exit.

To make your travel smooth until Vigan, you must be in NLEX by midnight and you must be in the vicinity of Narvacan Ilocos Sur before break of dawn. Tricycles, jeepneys, buses and trucks will make your travel miserable and slow. Possible bottle necks are Rosario La Union (Weewee area to most travellers), San Fernando LU (cheap gas), Santa Lucia IS (some roadworks there) and Bantay IS (which is almost near to Vigan).

As for coffee shops and restaurants, most of it are close after midnight so better get it right there in NLEX and buy some snacks at 7-11.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    just curious bro...

how was the road condition on Ilocos Area now? from San Fernando L.U. to Vigan? smooth na ba and wala na road repairs?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lits17 View Post
    just curious bro...

how was the road condition on Ilocos Area now? from San Fernando L.U. to Vigan? smooth na ba and wala na road repairs?
    Generally good with some small portions under road widening so ingat lang. Pot holes are rare now.

Using waze helps a lot specially in giving heads up on hazards along the way but not that accurate tho.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by AITNIMRA View Post
    Generally good with some small portions under road widening so ingat lang. Pot holes are rare now.

Using waze helps a lot specially in giving heads up on hazards along the way but not that accurate tho.
    Also waze or google maps lets you anticipate in advance all the curves and corners. Helps alot at night or trying to overtake that pesky slow trike/jeep/truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Driving from Manila to Vigan...any tips?