New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    A friend and I are considering having a road trip this summer from Manila to Vigan. I've never tried it, but I'm game.

How exactly would you get there though? And which sights would you recommend for our weekend stay?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

You would require just a day to tour Vigan,-> Cathedral, Crisologo St. (old houses) and Baluarte....

I'd say you drive further north to Laoag. You can go to Paoay Church, Batac, Mansion Of The North, Sand Dunes, Sinking Bell Tower, Cathedral, Fort Ilocandia, etc.... It's just an extra hour from Vigan.

And if you have time, drive further north to Pagudpud. It's just an hour from Laoag.... You can pass by the Burgos Lighthouse and the Windmills along the way.

How do you get there? Just drive along the National Highway... You'll never get lost.....

5505:home:

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Nov galing ako Vigan, daming sirang parts ng Highway after La Union..Sana ok na ngayon..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the answers.

How long were your drives to Vigan?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Thanks for the answers.

How long were your drives to Vigan?
    Mga 9-10 hours yan bro. Depende sa number of stops. Ingat lang at may makikitid na portion with bad shoulders, if any.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    A friend and I are considering having a road trip this summer from Manila to Vigan. I've never tried it, but I'm game.

How exactly would you get there though? And which sights would you recommend for our weekend stay?

Thanks in advance
    manila to vigan, 8 to 9 hrs drivng pero kung madami kayong stop over it will take more than 10 hrs. maliit lang ang vigan maiikot nyo agad yan less than 2hrs, kung nasa vigan na kayo dont forget to eat there beside the old church, specialty nila is bagnet im sorry i forgot the name of that restau pero nag-iisa lang yun sa tabi ng simbahan.

i suggest after vigan punta na kayo ng ilocos norte (vigan is in ilocos sur), puntahan nyo ang wax museum, fort ilocandia its in batac ilocos norte then from laoag punta kayo ng Pagudpud about 4hrs lang from laoag. Great beach great place to relax dun na kayo magstay overnight, you will love the place/beach in pagudpud. ito yung Boracay of the North.

Good luck and bring extra power ma-test ang driving skills nyo dyan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    manila to vigan, 8 to 9 hrs drivng pero kung madami kayong stop over it will take more than 10 hrs. maliit lang ang vigan maiikot nyo agad yan less than 2hrs, kung nasa vigan na kayo dont forget to eat there beside the old church, specialty nila is bagnet im sorry i forgot the name of that restau pero nag-iisa lang yun sa tabi ng simbahan.

i suggest after vigan punta na kayo ng ilocos norte (vigan is in ilocos sur), puntahan nyo ang wax museum, fort ilocandia its in batac ilocos norte then from laoag punta kayo ng Pagudpud about 4hrs lang from laoag. Great beach great place to relax dun na kayo magstay overnight, you will love the place/beach in pagudpud. ito yung Boracay of the North.

Good luck and bring extra power ma-test ang driving skills nyo dyan.
    plus 1.... kung pupunta sa vigan at may extra time pa, sulitin na at dumiretso na sa ilocos norte dahil madami pang tourist spot duon like pagudpud, paoay church and malalacanang of the north, mosoleum at museum ni marcos for ilocandia... at syempre wag kalimutan kumain ng kilawin, dinakdakan, empanada at pinakbet.... para kumpleto bakasyon nyo

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    plus 1.... kung pupunta sa vigan at may extra time pa, sulitin na at dumiretso na sa ilocos norte dahil madami pang tourist spot duon like pagudpud, paoay church and malalacanang of the north, mosoleum at museum ni marcos for ilocandia... at syempre wag kalimutan kumain ng kilawin, dinakdakan, empanada at pinakbet.... para kumpleto bakasyon nyo
    idagdag na ang windmill sa bangui

magaganda ang tanawin sa Pagudpud ngayong summer :naughty2:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tumagay na din at tumikin ng BASI hehehe... pero pag iuuwi mo sa manila ang basi, make sure na inumin nyo agad... or else magiging sukang iluko na sya

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before reaching the windmills of bangui, meron pa maganda pasyalan, yong light house, if coming from laoag, ask your passenger for the light house to their right, matinding akyatan ito.. ang breathtaking view!

cape bojeador ang name

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
Driving from Manila to Vigan...any tips?