New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Both are safe if you drive safely. Going up to Quezon National Park isnt easy for first timers as the 360 degree bend is still under repair due to landslide/riprapping? Brakes tend to fade on downhill if you engage toomuch braking instead of slowing down or engine brake.

Taking the diversion is a longer route and would make you tackle the numerous crater holes plus the buses and crawling trailer trucks, id consider navigating with those as riskier than going up emi.

I will be also driving bicol later. I cnt remember when was the last time i took the diversion. Assess your driving skills/endurance, either route should be OK. Be reminded also of long one-way under construction roads at Pagbilao. Have a safe trip.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for the advice. I'm just a bit worried about some chance of brake fade. I haven't driven very long steep downhill roads before, the longest and steepest ones are probably the ligaya drive from tagaytay to talisay. Any tips on how to prevent brake fade (for AT)?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by verargulla View Post
    . Any tips on how to prevent brake fade (for AT)?
    Before starting your decent, engage to 2 only not D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by verargulla View Post
    . Any tips on how to prevent brake fade (for AT)?
    Before starting your decent, engage to 2 only not D.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Dont forget to give some coins on the persons guiding the traffic on the quezon national park. Malaking tulong din sila lalo na dun sa hairpin curve

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Every 20m may nanghihingi ng coins. You only really need marshals on the 2 steep curves, everywhere else is just opportunism.

I've tried driving through eme without engine braking. No brake fade at all. It's such a short distance and you won't be traveling fast anyway so the brakes aren't too stressed. Of course, it's still better to know how to engine brake but you'll make it even if you don't.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Thanks guys, appreciate your inputs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Driving from Manila to Daet, Camarines Norte...any advise/suggestions?