New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I'm planning to upgrade from my stock 185/65R17 to a 205/45R17.

I was looking at a GT Radial Champiro GTX but was told they don't carry it. They only have the Yokohama above for the size I'm looking for.

Anyway here are the local prices i've gathered

Michelin Pilotsport 3 - 7,900
    Continental - 6,800
    Dunlop LM704 - 5, 805
    Kumho Ecsta HS51 - 5,300
    Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 - 4,670
    Radar Verenti R6 - 4,660
    Maxtrek - 3,500
    Westlake - 3,000
    Comforcer - 2,700

I'm leaning towards the Yokohama considering its smack in the middle in terms of pricing. However as regards performance the tire is rather new in the market.

Has anyone tried these tires already? Would appreciate feedbacks. Thanks.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wow. The Advan Fleva is designed to go head to head against the Bridgestone RE003, which I got for 6.6k each for 215/45R17.

I'm surprised that the V701 is very affordable, perhaps because it's made in the Philippines.

I'd definitely get it once my set of Kumho Ecsta LE Sport tires wear out. I'd suggest you do the same as well. Which shop sells the Advan?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; April 26th, 2017 at 10:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Sorry na double post... Yokohama Advan Fleva V701

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I was pleasantly surprised at the price as well. Ilang beses ko confirm ang price baka mali lang ang basa. Philtyres Davao carries it. I'm sure official yokohama dealers would have these as well.

Looking forward to upgrading my wheel and tires. For some reason I was able to convince the wife that we "need" the upgrade. Yokohama Advan Fleva V701

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wow. The Advan Fleva is designed to go head to head against the Bridgestone RE003, which I got for 6.6k each for 215/45R17.

I'm surprised that the V701 is very affordable, perhaps because it's made in the Philippines.

I'd definitely get it once my set of Kumho Ecsta LE Sport tires wear out. I'd suggest you do the same as well. Which shop sells the Advan?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised at the price as well. Ilang beses ko confirm ang price baka mali lang ang basa. Philtyres Davao carries it. I'm sure official yokohama dealers would have these as well.

Looking forward to upgrading my wheel and tires. For some reason I was able to convince the wife that we "need" the upgrade. Yokohama Advan Fleva V701

The buy 3 take 1 promo at SNR now includes Kumho tires again. Until the tomorrow only, and there may be no stocks but you can buy at the promo rates and wait for the stocks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Advan Fleva available at Yokohama Sucat.

3975 for 195 55 r 15