New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    i use the same oem mag wheels, but upgraded from the oem 205/65 r15 tires to 205/70 r15. Gives better ride than the 65 series oem tires, and the tires, being bigger, takes care of that "puny" look.
    And the 70 series tires, even with higher sidewalls than the 65 series, are cheaper than the oem 65s.

It's another story if you want to change your mags, though.
    Pareha tayo boss, 205 70 rin galing sa crv, stock alloy mags. Gumanda ang ride, hindi matagtag at tumaas pa halos pantay na ang pajero pag magkatabi. Naging macho yung innova ko, parang naka steroids kasi mataas ang gulong hehehe...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    newbie here. tanong ko lang kung anu mas prefered nyu na brand at size para sa inova j.. balak kc namin magpalit. any suggestion are welcome. heheheh

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Guys, i have oem 3.5Q camry mags if anyone of you is interested. Contact me * 0922 8999508

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi everyone! A newbie here... I'm getting my 2011 Innova g vvti at next week and I'm so excited it's my 1st brand new purchase kase. Anyway, would like ur guidance re getting new mags for it. At first we were thinking of putting skirts all around but then a friend of mine told me na bibigat lang and itd better to keep it simple. If I want porma daw, mags is the way to go.

Do u have any suggestions what and where to get? Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    any updates/suggestions here gentlemen?

tia!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... IMO, now's the time to go shop for wheels for your Innova. What with a lot more designs (17s, 18s) with the PCD that would fit the Innova (5h x 114), shared with the Camry, Cefiro, CRV, Civic FD, Mazda 3, Carens, etc., you can probably find something, bnew or 2nd hand, that'll fit your budget, and pair it with either new budget tires, 2nd hand higher end tires, or new branded higher end tires.

You can try Freddie's in Evangelista for your wheels and tires.

The 17" Camry rims I gave to my dad in '08 are still on his workhorse Innova. They used to be shod with OEM Bridgestones, but when those were worn 9 months back, he went with Westlake SV08 tires. No problems with them. Ok alternative if you want new tires, but don't want to go full bore.

Also, vs the 205/65r15 stocks, the 215/55r17s were a bit heavier, but less bouncy. He likes the ride better.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hmmm... IMO, now's the time to go shop for wheels for your Innova. What with a lot more designs (17s, 18s) with the PCD that would fit the Innova (5h x 114), shared with the Camry, Cefiro, CRV, Civic FD, Mazda 3, Carens, etc., you can probably find something, bnew or 2nd hand, that'll fit your budget, and pair it with either new budget tires, 2nd hand higher end tires, or new branded higher end tires.

You can try Freddie's in Evangelista for your wheels and tires.

The 17" Camry rims I gave to my dad in '08 are still on his workhorse Innova. They used to be shod with OEM Bridgestones, but when those were worn 9 months back, he went with Westlake SV08 tires. No problems with them. Ok alternative if you want new tires, but don't want to go full bore.

Also, vs the 205/65r15 stocks, the 215/55r17s were a bit heavier, but less bouncy. He likes the ride better.
    Sir, what is the recommended psi for the 215/55r17's? Have you tried long distance drive with this tire size along with 8 passengers? How was the Ride?

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Bratski: Did you changed the LOG NUTS of your Innova upon upgrading from 15 oem rims to after market 17" rims? i'm planning to upgrade this month. thanks!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Sa mga nagpalit to 205/70 r15's, what brand tires did you change to?
    I am inclined to go this route because of the potholes in the metro. I am actually thinking of using AT tires like geolanders.

Pa post din ng pics kung meron. Thanks and cheers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Upgrading tires of Innova