New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi everyone, I need help in choosing whats best tires/mags size to make my silver Avanza 1.3J look good. The stock 185/70/14 steel rims doesn't look good on it. Casa is offering the 185/65/15 stock on the G-variant but I think I can get better deal (and looks) out of the price they quoted me. Is it possible to fit in bigger chrome mags with thin tires (ala modified fortuner)? I'm planning to dress it up with skirts and chins, sayang naman kung steel mags lang
    Mga ka-Avanza dyan, tulong naman o!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun4x4 View Post
    Hi everyone, I need help in choosing whats best tires/mags size to make my silver Avanza 1.3J look good. The stock 185/70/14 steel rims doesn't look good on it. Casa is offering the 185/65/15 stock on the G-variant but I think I can get better deal (and looks) out of the price they quoted me. Is it possible to fit in bigger chrome mags with thin tires (ala modified fortuner)? I'm planning to dress it up with skirts and chins, sayang naman kung steel mags lang

Magkano ang quote sayo dun sa stock ng G variant? Palit ka din ba ng tires?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun4x4 View Post

yep, ako din naka 1.3j lang and balak ko din magpalit ng mags...kaya na ba yung budget na 15K?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    15K is not enough (tires + mags)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa 15k, 15" rims palang yun (baka bitin pa). add ka pa ng 3500 per tire.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if you install huge chrome rims with thin profile tires baka lalong ma-strain ang 1.3L engine mo...for sure babagal yan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    yes, i-agree 101 percent. hindi bagay i-pimp up yung avanza ala escalade. baka magmukhang katawatawa yung avanza mo.

don't get me wrong guys, i have an avanza too. but i think the accessories (foglamps, tail light, mags) in the G model is good enough. di ko type yung mga chrome eklat na pinagkakabit kung saan saan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero i saw an avanza riding on aftermarket rims, not sure kung 16" or 17" pero bagay siya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. i don't think a pimped up avanza looks that good. coupled with the fact that if you place a 17 inch wheel dyan, gaya ng sabi nila, medyo may strain ang engine and clutch.

why not get the G-variant rims imho....

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    sa 15k, 15" rims palang yun (baka bitin pa). add ka pa ng 3500 per tire.
    thanks sir, ipon muna para magka-budget. also nag-inquire ako ng mugs sa banawe, they give me nga the 17k-20k para sa 15", also kapag trade-in daw 3.5k lang daw kunin yung stock na rims ko, coz gulong lang daw mapapakinabangan nila dun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Tire/Mags upgrade best suited for AVANZA?