New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Guys share ko lang experience ko about sa Sunny SN3800 Performance Tires. Sunny at Wanli ay iisang company sila from China (found it may website sila http://www.sunnytire.com).

nagpakabit ako kasi pudpod na talaga si Continental ContiSport Contact. Reason kasi dito budget permits muna marami kasi gastos kaya I settle na lang muna for Sunny SN3800.

first time ko mag try ng China tires pero I was impressed talaga sa performance nito. btw profile ng tire is 235/50/R18 for my Gen2 RAV4 4x4.
    I dont race my car on clear road. just normal driving and overtaking lang.

observations ko (comparison with Continental CSC)
    -Softer ride
    -More Quiet kahit high speed (most important)
    -Quick turns responsive sya.
    -Acceleration is more better.
    -Good braking din!

-sa itatagal, Dont have any problems encountered yet. ok pa naman. Ill monitor my tires.
    -di ko pa na try sa wet roads and long distance but excited ako matry!
    -I can say these are good China tires. happy naman sa purchase

eto yun sakin exactly:

eto pa review I got sa isang forum

So i saw these tires on EBAY for $197 + Shipping for a set of 4... i did some research and found some good reviews so i decided to try them out for myself...

the grand total break down was:

4 Sunny SN3800 225/45/ZR17 Tires: $197.00
    Shipping & Handling: $60.00
    Mounting and Balancing: $67.00

Grand Total: $317.00 shipped and mounted and balanced for a set of 4 225/45/ZR17 tires.

Here's a pic of the tread pattern of the Sunny SN3800 next to a pic of the tread pattern of our own Dunlop SP9000 Sport.

SN3800 on the top SP9000 on the Bottom.

Dunlop SP9000

First drive review of Sunny SN3800 225/45/ZR17 tires made by Wanli Tire of China.

At first the tread pattern look salmost identical to that of our own stock dunlops, though... the rubber is much softer (just as soft as my old KDW's) and they seem to grip MUCH better than the stock lops ever did.

Initial changes i noticed were that the tire was ALOT more responsive than the stock lops... and in a couple corners that felt sketchy at 40mph before with the stock lops and also the KDW's... the SN3800's felt like they were holding on pretty good and had room to take the corner faster...

Cruising at 60mph they were MUCH quiter than the stock lops and the KDW's i had previously... also noticed the ride was much smoother and the car not only felt like it held the road very well but steering was sharp with no play or excess movement in the steering wheel.

The ride quality was deffinately better than the stock lops and the KDW's...

Now... i took it off to a place where we sometimes drag race late at night that has a nice long stretch that is freshly paved, never driven on and flat and straight for a good 3/4 mile...

the launch proved extremely impressive even with the slick coating that new tires usualy come coated with to make them look nicer...

I revved the engine to 2500rpm and dropped the hammer, no clutch feather, 3/4 throttle untill traction was noticed and full throttle to a 6000rpm shift into 2nd gear...
    NO WHEEL HOP! only a slight spin for a fraction of a second and instant acceleration... going into 2nd with a hard shift they only released a short and light bark then proceeded to continue pulling the car forward...

this same test on the stock dunlop SP9000 sport's showed nothing but dissapointment... a 2500rpm launch with the EXACT same technique left the car wheel hopping in 1st gear untill traction was noticed then the same hard shift into 2nd produced a loud squeal and spinning for a good 10 feet or so...

This same test on the 225/45/ZR17 BFG KDW's produced a slight amount of wheel hop, not enough to damage anything but enough to affect a clean launch... going into 2nd gear the KDW's also produced a short and light bark like the SN3800's.

Overall i am very impressed with these tires... especially considering the fact that the tests on the stock lops and the KDW's were done with nothing more than a 2.8" pulley upgrade and the new test on the SN3800's were done with the mods in my sig...

the KDW's did prove to become MUCH more responsive and produce better grip after they had been driven on for a few hundred miles... And i will admit that once broken in the KDW's produced next to NO wheelspin on a 2500rpm launch with a little effort and clutch work...

The stock lops however... lol, still garbage after 7k miles, and even worse after replacing them at 20k miles with the BFG KDW's.

0-60mph with the KDW's was 6.2 seconds after break in, after 3 passes and a little practice...
    0-60mph with the SN3800's was 6.9 seconds before break in and done on the first pass with no prior practice launches done... im positive i can get much lower with some practice.

I will re compare the SN3800's after a few hundred miles to see how they have held up... for now, they have more than impressed me for a cheap set of $197.00 tires made in china that were bought off of ebay...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kicks4us24 View Post
    Guys share ko lang experience ko about sa Sunny SN3800 Performance Tires. Sunny at Wanli ay iisang company sila from China (found it may website sila http://www.sunnytire.com).

nagpakabit ako kasi pudpod na talaga si Continental ContiSport Contact. Reason kasi dito budget permits muna marami kasi gastos kaya I settle na lang muna for Sunny SN3800.

first time ko mag try ng China tires pero I was impressed talaga sa performance nito. btw profile ng tire is 235/50/R18 for my Gen2 RAV4 4x4.
    I dont race my car on clear road. just normal driving and overtaking lang.

observations ko (comparison with Continental CSC)
    -Softer ride
    -More Quiet kahit high speed (most important)
    -Quick turns responsive sya.
    -Acceleration is more better.
    -Good braking din!

-sa itatagal, Dont have any problems encountered yet. ok pa naman. Ill monitor my tires.
    -di ko pa na try sa wet roads and long distance but excited ako matry!
    -I can say these are good China tires. happy naman sa purchase

eto yun sakin exactly:

eto pa review I got sa isang forum

NICE! Ganyan din balak kong tires to pair with 18" rims na kukunin ko sir, tight budget lang, though okay nga daw talaga sabi sa 2 shops na pinagcanvassan ko, gamit din ng owner sa isang shop, naka low profile pa yung navarra niya.

How much kuha mo sa set sir? Magkano kaya if 225/40/R18? And saan? Hehe!

Yung iba dito tinatawanan lang yung brand na sunny e. JUDGE THE BOOK BY ITS COVER AGAD. PEACE!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello and Happy New Year!

dami ako pinuntahan lately around Metro Manila and SN3800 still kicking! Edsa to San Mateo, San Mateo to MOA, QC, Greenhills, Ortigas whole day driving. Planning to go to Tagaytay this coming 29.

I had also seen lots of Sunny SN3800 lately. While on traffic in gilmore, i saw a dar blue Chevy Aveo with SN3800 low profile din! I asked the guy and said ok naman daw at la pa daw problems so far. gamit nya daw for more than 7 months na. Great performance plus astig pa ang groove pattern.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arvie1 View Post
    NICE! Ganyan din balak kong tires to pair with 18" rims na kukunin ko sir, tight budget lang, though okay nga daw talaga sabi sa 2 shops na pinagcanvassan ko, gamit din ng owner sa isang shop, naka low profile pa yung navarra niya.

How much kuha mo sa set sir? Magkano kaya if 225/40/R18? And saan? Hehe!

Yung iba dito tinatawanan lang yung brand na sunny e. JUDGE THE BOOK BY ITS COVER AGAD. PEACE!
    Hi sir, I got my SN3800 at 4.2K each! Place is at Batangas Street sa Tomas Mapua! I can pm you kung saan shop ko nabili.
    really not bad compare the price over the Nankangs and Dunlops out there!

I think same range or less pa ang price ng 225/40/R18.

I remember nga pala also seen an Innova low profile with SN3800 and a RAV4 Gen3 2010 the day yun nag pa install ako ng SN3800. pati Montero sport naka Wanli 22" naman. Sunny and Wanli iisa.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    updates:

tested on some rain conditions lately around GMM ok na ok ang kapit!

heres the pic of my SN3800

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    try nio westlake! ok din cya!mga 1 year + ko na itong ginagamit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Delikado daw ang westlake.

-

I live by the saying :

" never go cheap on tires. "

kasi ito yung means of safety mo sa road. ;) kahit panget mags ko, maganda tires ko yun ang importante. :thumbup:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hi pa-update naman, kumusta yung sn3800 tires niyo? thanks

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    nagputukan at naglabasan n ung nylon... hanggang isang taon lang daw ung tinatagal ng sunny right after ng warranty.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bianca&stacey View Post
    nagputukan at naglabasan n ung nylon... hanggang isang taon lang daw ung tinatagal ng sunny right after ng warranty.
    hi Bianca&Stacey, is this hearsay and not first hand experience? i'm planning to use them on my SUV with 19" or 20" ones....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sunny SN3800 Performance Tires (China)