New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i like oversized ballon tires than big rims...
    Agree. Specifically on an SUV.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go with the 20s (use size 275/55R20 tires).

Ride comfort will not vary much as with cars nowadays, its really the suspension design that will dictate the overall comfort. You may feel rough imperfections more but the "tagtag" factor remains pretty much the same as with the stock tires setup.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Go with 265/50R20 H/T or HP tires to maximize comfort even with bigger tires.

My friend upgraded his Pajero BK and Montero GLS SE to 20" OEM rims with Toyo Proxes ST 265/50R20 tires and the ride quality didn't deteriorate that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks sir. Got idea how much those tires cost? Can you recommend any good brand? How about Nitto? Or Federal?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i like oversized ballon tires than big rims...
    What kind is that oversized ballon tires sir? And what rim size is ideal for you sir?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thank you all for the inputs. Does the suspensions really dictates the riding comfort? Say, what if I upgrade my suspensions and still with its stock rims, will I notice a big difference in the ride's comfort? Or if I upgrade in a 20's, should I also upgrade the suspensions for comfort? Any recommendation?
    Thanks again in advance!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have an everest titanium. stock tires were 265/50r20 and they were matagtag. i test drove the trend model which has 265/60r18 tires and the ride was way more comfortable. when i changed the tires to 275/55r20 the ride was almost like the everest trend already. note that these 2 models have exactly the same suspension systems, different trim lang. i upgraded to nitto teŕra grappler g1 275/55r20s.

malaki factor din ang tires and tire pressure. with the oem 265/50 kahit 33 psi na ang tire pressure matagtag pa din. with 275/55r20s at 33 psi nabawasan ng malaki yung tagtag. with these very same tires if the inflation pressure is 37 psi dama ko na ang tagtag. if i lower it to 33 psi maganda na di na matagtag. if i lower it even by just 1 psi more, down to 32 psi, swabe na ang ride.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Go with the 20s (use size 275/55R20 tires).

Ride comfort will not vary much as with cars nowadays, its really the suspension design that will dictate the overall comfort. You may feel rough imperfections more but the "tagtag" factor remains pretty much the same as with the stock tires setup.
    If you feel the road imperfections more after the tire/wheel upgrade sir, then I think that would mean the ride comfort is compromised.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Floyd View Post
    What kind is that oversized ballon tires sir? And what rim size is ideal for you sir?
    60 series and above for me pag SUV

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    for safety issues, is there is a limit or percentage to follow when changing/upgrading stock wheel and tires para hindi masyado affected speedometer, odometer and brake system?

Sent from my SM-A9100 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Floyd View Post
    Thanks sir. Got idea how much those tires cost? Can you recommend any good brand? How about Nitto? Or Federal?
    My friends says he got those for 11k per tire which is pretty cheap since the Proxes ST is a high end SUV tire for paved roads. If you could get it at that price, that's great. He got his from Ben's OK in Banawe.

If you wanna go for Nitto, your choices are the Nitto 420S (touring) and Terra Grappler (A/T). The touring tire has a better ride of course. Many SUV owners go for Nittos not because of performance but because of the aesthetics of the tires' tread pattern. A bit pricey though - I would opt for the Toyos if possible. Toyo actually owns Nitto.

The Federal Couragia is a cheaper option (Taiwanese brand) and it also comes in touring, H/T, and A/T variants.

My advice would be to call around the tire shops in your area to check what tires they have available for your size (whether you decide on 265/50R20 or 275/55R20). That way, you can narrow down your options and compare prices. Then read up on the individual reviews of those tires (because brand alone isn't a surefire way to determine the tire's quality) and decide from there which one suits your needs in terms of value for money and performance. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12