New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyharhar View Post
    Thanks sir for the enlightenment. Unfortunately, Advan Fleva V701 for 225/45/18 is currently out of stock at least in the reputable tire shops in Banawe and Evangelista that I called. Tried calling also several Yokohama branches (QC, Makati, Pasay, Paranaque, Muntinlupa) and also out of stock. Any suggestion where can I buy? Or should i postpone my purchase for now and wait until stocks arrive?
    I'll sell you my V701 225/45R18 set, just 2 months old. [emoji16]

Kidding aside, I got my set from Yokohama Dagupan. You might want to call some of the provincial dealers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'll sell you my V701 225/45R18 set, just 2 months old. [emoji16]

Kidding aside, I got my set from Yokohama Dagupan. You might want to call some of the provincial dealers.

What's your alternative to V701 225/45R18 that is reasonably priced also?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What's your alternative to V701 225/45R18 that is reasonably priced also?
    Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 or Hankook Ventus V12 Evo.

I had the Kumhos before. Very good tires. Got them for 5.5k/piece.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2018

Thanks again for the recommendation. Will check out Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018

Just inquired at Gomags evangelista. Price for Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 is P6,300 and manufacturing date is 3517 or Aug-Sep 2017. Is this a good deal since the tires are more or less 8mos old already?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just inquired at Gomags evangelista. Price for Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 is P6,300 and manufacturing date is 3517 or Aug-Sep 2017. Is this a good deal since the tires are more or less 8mos old already?
    Woah laki na ng tinaas ah. I got mine from GTD Banawe in 2016.

The age of the tires is okay, but you might wanna canvass with other shops if they'll offer it cheaper.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i use the yellow pages, sir. i first make a list of numbers to call.
    the stores may give you better prices, as they know you're canvassing, and the better price might just be the next phone call.
    and the best part is, i don't have to brave the traffic.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 17th, 2018 at 09:50 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Try West Tyre Center, West Ave QC.
    Thanks sir for the enlightenment. Unfortunately, Advan Fleva V701 for 225/45/18 is currently out of stock at least in the reputable tire shops in Banawe and Evangelista that I called. Tried calling also several Yokohama branches (QC, Makati, Pasay, Paranaque, Muntinlupa) and also out of stock. Any suggestion where can I buy? Or should i postpone my purchase for now and wait until stocks arrive?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Months ago I had the misfortune of a punctured R18 tire. I went to a GoodYear Servitek branch somewhere at QC. To my dismay the shop doesn't have a tire remover that would fit for the R18 mag wheel and they only told me about it after the screw was removed from the tire!

Next I went to West Tyre Center, West Ave QC. They have a tire remover that's a right fit for the R18. I noticed that removing a R18 tire is somewhat more difficult than the ordinary tire with thicker side walls. One of the repair man even told me that some shops would even turn down customers with R18 wheels due to the difficulty of removing the tire. Good thing that they were able to remove the tire without scratching the mag wheel.

Finding a good tire shop that has the right tools and competent personnel can be difficult especially for replacing/repairing R18 tires. Any recommendations of reputable tire shops at Metro Manila?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I have 19... you're making me worried.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast