New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    My car was having some wiggle at 100+ kph I went to a shop to have the front tires balanced. One of the front tires however wiggled and when he performed the "water inspection," bubbles came out of the inner lips revealing two cracks. He suggested to find a shop that can have it repaired and restored.

Do you know of any shops that can repair rims well? Or should I just buy another one?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    My car was having some wiggle at 100+ kph I went to a shop to have the front tires balanced. One of the front tires however wiggled and when he performed the "water inspection," bubbles came out of the inner lips revealing two cracks. He suggested to find a shop that can have it repaired and restored.

Do you know of any shops that can repair rims well? Or should I just buy another one?
    Based on experience, you would be better off replacing the wheels.

Even when repaired, the cracks can come back if the same wheel encounters a big enough impact. With the road conditions we have, that will be sooner than later.

You cannot weld cast metals. Wheel repair for crack require welding. Most of our wheels are made by casting, you cannot do welding to repair it because of the way welding reacts with cast metals.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 22nd, 2010 at 05:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you have the money, go, buy one. If budget is limited, have it repaired for the meanwhile ... I think Promaster can fix that up for you.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you have the money, go, buy one. If budget is limited, have it repaired for the meanwhile ... I think Promaster can fix that up for you.
    but promaster does four wheels, not just one.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Unfortunately, Promaster doesn't accept oblong/wiggling rims.

This is a pic of the stock rim of a Hyundai Matrix. Anyone familiar with the OEM?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    do anyone knows who can repair wiggling rims? Thanks in advance.

Repair of "wiggling/cracked/oblong rim? Or just buy a new one?