New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlance View Post
    where to get rota ba? anu ba ung rota na naka gunmetal ung spoke tapos spoon type ata silver ung outer rim?
    Maybe that's the J-SPL. You can get that one at a variety of shops. Just hunt around.

You won't get a discount at the factory if you go straight there, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Rota is freaking heavy,copy cat. But i heard the quality is good.Just my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Some of their old designs were heavy, true, but a lot of the new ones come in at under 1 lb per inch. The ones I'm using now are about 14 lbs, I think, for 16", and there's a set at 10-11 lbs for 15". Not as light as the original Japanese versions of the design (and in my case, the original Porsche...) but they're less than half the price.

Quality is getting better. Some of the older designs seemed to be made of butter, but the newer ones handle potholes and ruts pretty well. Still, the number one draw of ROTA isn't durability... it's price. A lot of racer-boys use them because they're cheap to replace if you break one... and if you drive hard enough, you will break wheels...

Copycat? Hehe... they'd have to prove it, first... ...but some of the designs now, I think, are original.

I used to have copycat "Grid" mags on my Sentra before. Nice wheels, but I went cheap-ass on the tires... now I've learned... with what I saved on the mags, I went hog-wild on the tires.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlance View Post
    where to get rota ba? anu ba ung rota na naka gunmetal ung spoke tapos spoon type ata silver ung outer rim?
    baka nga jspl. jspl kadalasan ung gunmetal tapos silver polish ung lip. bihira sa slipstream/spoon copy ung ganyan sa alam ko. madaming ganyan sa mga shops, tanong-tanong ka lang. ang mahirap ata ung white ung spokes then polish lip. eto kasi hanap ko. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The white one is indeed rare... I should know, my cousin was complaining about how hard it was to get his...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Rota ba yung ralli art mags ng new field master?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I use my Rotas off-road. No problem. I think that's enough of a test for most road conditions.

Siliverwind at Philippine Racing ang layo ng quality from Rota.
    ito-ito na lang ba ngayon ang mga locally made rims? dati merong rallye brand pa di ba?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's still Philippine Racing? Where can I find them? Are they any good?

Silverwinds are still far off ROTA quality... most Silverwinds I see are heavy, and a lot of their designs are old fashioned.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Rota ba yung ralli art mags ng new field master?
    sabi nung mga shops sa blumentritt rota replica nga lang daw yun ralliart na mags ng pajero (yun stock) medyo nagulat nga ako kasi dapat trade-in ko to for a new set of mags and tires tapos nung pinepresyuhan eh ang baba ng kuha samantalang a few months ago hinihingan ako ng 41k nung balak ko i-trade in yun luma ko mags and wheels para sa ralliart na yun considering bago apat na gulong and michellin pa worth 7500 isa.... tapos ng tinanong ko magkano benta nila sa rota na ralliart 3500 lang daw isa

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you want rare colors, you can contact Rota directly at their factory in Bicutan. That's the only place you can get mags in colors that they only sell as exports.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
regarding the quality of Rota wheels...