New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Kung walang puncture at hindi pa more than 8 years ang gulong, the tire bead seating on the rimmight have some dirt or obstruction kaya may sumisingaw. Have it (rim) checked and cleaned and put some water or water with soap before re-installing the tires.

Pito also sometime need na palitan. Inflate sa max tire pressure at usually makikita issue sa rim at sa pito.
    Thanks for the answer. Sa rim nga lang din ang suspect ko. In retrospect, I should have had the tire/rim seating checked when I had the valve stems replaced.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Not sure if I have a hidden puncture but what are the possible causes if your tire loses about 1 psi per day?

I have this 1 tire that slowly loses around 1 psi per day. A few weeks ago, nabunot ang metal na pito while topping up the air sa gas station. I thought mawawala na ang problema after I had it replaced. Kaso hanggang ngayon nagbabawas pa rin ng hangin. From 35 last Sunday afternoon, 32.5 na lang siya by Wednesday night.

Ano ba ang dapat kong ipa-check aside from punctures? Nagli-leak din ba ang hangin sa edge na in contact with the rims? Made-detect ba sa mga roadside vulcanizing shops ang mga ganitong leak?

Aside from the spare, all my tires are 4 years old. The tire in question is currently on the rear passenger side.
    yes, the leak can be detected.
    the tyreman immerses the wheel in water, and carefully observes for minute air bubbles, coming from the tyre, or the edge of the rim.
    he also manipulates the pito and looks for air bubbles, to determine if it needs replacement.
    it's crude, but it works fine. tiyaga lang.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Turns out to be a puncture after all. Maliit na pako.

Sent from my 3210 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Turns out to be a puncture after all. Maliit na pako.

Sent from my 3210 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Sa MTB naman yung wires ng gulong from bald truck tires and mahirap makita. Mas manipis pa sa stapler wire yun kaya dahan-dahan talaga air loss. Buti sa tires ng kotse hindi na kaya ng stapler wires or the likes, mga guntacker na bala at pako na maliliit na lang kaya. Ewan lang thumbtacks hehe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Punctured Tires - Can I still use them normally?