New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Time to change the tires of my ride.

I am looking at the Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/65/R17 112T.

May 3+1 promo kasi ngayon. Date of manufacture of the tires I checked is May 2021.

I checked some reviews on the internet and so far okay naman. But all are foreign reviews.

Anyone here would like to share their local rating and experience with these threads before I pull the plug?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

May 3+1 promo kasi ngayon. Date of manufacture of the tires I checked is May 2021.

I checked some reviews on the internet and so far okay naman. But all are foreign reviews.

Anyone here would like to share their local rating and experience with these threads before I pull the plug?
    My Boss uses that, mukhang happy naman siya. Mahal yan imho but very good ratings nga. When I had one on my pick-up dami nagtatanong saan nabili. Iba dating niya kasi hehe. Pirelli eh

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    My Boss uses that, mukhang happy naman siya. Mahal yan imho but very good ratings nga. When I had one on my pick-up dami nagtatanong saan nabili. Iba dating niya kasi hehe. Pirelli eh
    Salamat sa feedback. Much appreciated.

I used to have the Pirelli Scorpion AT 2 (or was it just AT?) on my old rig and it served me well on the back roads of Cebu and Negros Occidental.

3+1 deal offered now is good and value for money. It is an "old model" but at least 2021 ang manufacture date for these set that I am looking at.

Got a PM though on another brand to consider. Isip isip ulit.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I used the Cinturato p7... overall not good for my purpose. Most tires don't last 12mo on my unit but the pirelli was not as good given the price.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I'm using Pirelli Scorpion Verde 245 60R18. For me okay ang grip nya and tahimik. Mas malambot sya compared sa Michelin stock tyre. Driving mostly on asphalt and cement dry road. Got it also on buy 3 get 1 free promo (outside PH).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    I'm using Pirelli Scorpion Verde 245 60R18. For me okay ang grip nya and tahimik. Mas malambot sya compared sa Michelin stock tyre. Driving mostly on asphalt and cement dry road. Got it also on buy 3 get 1 free promo (outside PH).
    I've had over 7 sets of tires on my car. When they were new, they were ok.

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

I had the same dilemma when choosing a replacement for the factory tires in my Toyota Hilux. Like you, I researched online and came across this comparison table (see attachment).

Recently, I bought a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/65r17 (same as what your looking at). Having driven them for a few months now, I can compare it with my personal experiences with Bridgestone Dueler AT and HT.

For riding comfort, I find the Pirelli ATRs similar to Dueler HT. Both models absorb bumps and potholes better than Dueler AT.

In terms of noise, Dueler HT is a tad quieter than Scorpion ATR, with the latter has a slight humming sound on highway speeds. Meanwhile, Dueler AT is noticeably noisier than the two.

I have driven these 3 models in rough road conditions (farm gravel/mud road). I feel the Dueler AT performs better on the mud, had less slippage when climbing a slight incline on our farm. While the Scorpion ATR and Dueler HT, seemed to me, were just the same.

When driving on wet roads/rain downpour, I felt more secure with the Scorpion ATR. The vehicle felt more "planted" on the road, in my opinion.

Overall, I think these 3 are very decent brands/models. It just depends on your intended function. If you drive mostly city and highways, I'd pick Dueler HT. If you sometimes drive on rough roads, then Scorpion ATR would be a good compromise. I still have the Dueler AT in my other vehicle that I often drive on the farm. It is a solid performer, but you'd feel those bumps and hear them noises.

I hope you find this useful. Good luck on your purchase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tire-comparison-bridgestone-dueler-vs-pirelli-atr.jpg