New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    Wheel balance, yes. Wheel alignment, no need na.
    +1 po ako dito. . . check-up lang at most. . just to be sure. . . . pero kung d naman gumagawi. . balanse lang talaga kailangan

2. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoy123 View Post
    +1 po ako dito. . . check-up lang at most. . just to be sure. . . . pero kung d naman gumagawi. . balanse lang talaga kailangan
    Sir have you tried upgrading your stock rims to a smaller/bigger rims without getting an alignment? Stable ba manobela mo pag binitawan mo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May I understand why only wheel balancing is required and wheel alignment is not necessary?

Per experience, wheel alignment is done regularly (depending on the use of the car and road conditions) even if tires are not changed. A vehicle suspension can also be misaligned even if it is tracking straight depending on degree of the the toe in/toe out settings or camber. In the same case, a car can be aligned even if it tracking left or right due to uneven tire wear or weight on the vehicle.

Having said such, it is always a safer choice to have the suspension alignment checked when changing tires, bago na eh so check it na rin. The only times i don't do such is if my car was recently aligned (and i know my car), or the car is brand new.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    +2 with this. For bnew cars, I always change mags to a bigger size and theres no need to do alignment since theyre new and suspension parts arent misaligned yet. Confirmed with an alignment shop sa t mapua when i got new mags there and the alignment shop said theres no need to align since car ia new. After 15k kms na next alignment daw.
    Remember this is for bnew cars. Need to align for older cars when changing mags of course.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    May I understand why only wheel balancing is required and wheel alignment is not necessary?

Per experience, wheel alignment is done regularly (depending on the use of the car and road conditions) even if tires are not changed. A vehicle suspension can also be misaligned even if it is tracking straight depending on degree of the the toe in/toe out settings or camber. In the same case, a car can be aligned even if it tracking left or right due to uneven tire wear or weight on the vehicle.

Having said such, it is always a safer choice to have the suspension alignment checked when changing tires, bago na eh so check it na rin. The only times i don't do such is if my car was recently aligned (and i know my car), or the car is brand new.
    Would agree with you sir as to regular wheel alignment check-ups. . . But just changing tire and rim sizes won't change any angles. . . . As per geometry lessons. . . A square will have 90degree angles. . . No matter how big that square is.

Since bago yun tires. . . Pa-check na lang rin yun alignment. .. pero that does not mean na me babaguhin. . .. unles there are issues in the first place.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dovahkiin View Post
    Sir have you tried upgrading your stock rims to a smaller/bigger rims without getting an alignment? Stable ba manobela mo pag binitawan mo?

Yes sir, a 1979 macho machine, from the stock 14s to 15s. A 95 civic from 14 to 15. An 80 dx liftback from 13stock tires to 195/50/13s.

The corona and the civic, check-up lang. Yun dx ginalaw, but that was because. Me problem na sya before

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Would agree with you sir as to regular wheel alignment check-ups. . . But just changing tire and rim sizes won't change any angles. . . . As per geometry lessons. . . A square will have 90degree angles. . . No matter how big that square is.

Since bago yun tires. . . Pa-check na lang rin yun alignment. .. pero that does not mean na me babaguhin. . .. unles there are issues in the first place.
    I guess hindi lang tayo nagkakaintindihan.

For a new car and for a car in which alignment was recently done (or super sure si owner): No need. I agree also that a change in tire size doesn't warrant a change in alignment specifications.

We pertain to the need to align on the basis that the car is fairly used thus the tires are worn, and there had been no recent alignment done to the vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I guess hindi lang tayo nagkakaintindihan.

For a new car and for a car in which alignment was recently done (or super sure si owner): No need. I agree also that a change in tire size doesn't warrant a change in alignment specifications.

We pertain to the need to align on the basis that the car is fairly used thus the tires are worn, and there had been no recent alignment done to the vehicle.
    Great. . . Mukha naka-align na tayo ng opinion sa isa't-isa =)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    With my limited experience owning a brand new vehicle, the first thing i did was to go to my suking service center doing alignment, camber correction, wheel balance,etc.

More often than not, my trusted mechanic have to adjust the things i mentioned above, and it makes me feel safer and secure.

What more if you change your rim size and tires. Since I have high mileage vehicles, it's my practice to have alignments, camber corrections every two months, and everytime there was an adjustments to be made.

On the side note, it depends on the alignment machine being used , but i do trust my suking service center.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sarsi; April 25th, 2017 at 10:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless the vehicle is brand new or alignment had been checked lately then sop na yan pag palit ng tires or rims alignment and camber check. sayang ang tires na mauupod na di pantay kung may issues sa alignment at camber.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast