New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    Thanks for the feedback boss, may i know what mags you’re using with FXT? Main reason i wanted UHP becaust i just upgraded to light weight mags, and i think i dont have to shorten my budget on tires so im going all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 2016 FXT is still riding on stock 18” rims with 225/55/18 tires. If you can find sporty SUV tires for 10k or less, that would be great.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    There's a Pilot Sport 4 SUV. Just order it custom from a tire distributor since they don't usually carry stocks of that.

MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 SUV Tires | Michelin Tires Philippines

No point getting a passenger-car Pilot Sport 4 for your FXT. You'll never reach the limit of grip anywhere outside of a track. PS4 SUV also has higher load rating and longer wear.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    I will look into this, just got home from Ben’s ok and yea most tires of this size are just “by order”.
    Anyway to be more specific im trying to achieve something like thd subaru forester ts that came out of jp and aus. but it uses turanza on 245/45/19 too.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    IMO pointless to use UHP tires on a commuter. Starting from my early 20s I've always had something like AD05/06, AD07, AD08 Neovas or Bridgestone RE-11s on my car. Nauubos (and IMO nasasayang) lang sa daily drive, plus they have more road noise and are prone to tramlining. Took me till my mid-30s before I learned that lesson hehe

These days touring tires lang for daily, and have the UHPs (or semi-slicks) on a spare set of lightweight wheels for trackdays. For daily drive even lower tier tires like the RE003 are good enough.

Though the Michelin PS 4S seemingly turns this paradigm on its head again. Good road noise and wet handling, plus close to the same level of grip as most 200-treadwear tires while using a 300-treadwear compound.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    IMO pointless to use UHP tires on a commuter. Starting from my early 20s I've always had something like AD05/06, AD07, AD08 Neovas or Bridgestone RE-11s on my car. Nauubos (and IMO nasasayang) lang sa daily drive, plus they have more road noise and are prone to tramlining. Took me till my mid-30s before I learned that lesson hehe

These days touring tires lang for daily, and have the UHPs (or semi-slicks) on a spare set of lightweight wheels for trackdays. For daily drive even lower tier tires like the RE003 are good enough.

Though the Michelin PS 4S seemingly turns this paradigm on its head again. Good road noise and wet handling, plus close to the same level of grip as most 200-treadwear tires while using a 300-treadwear compound.
    RE003 not cheap though bro. But yea ive checked it too because i can get it with significant discount. My colleague happens to be the son of high ranking official from BridgePH

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Whistler suggested Latitude Sport 3 or Primacy SUV or PS4 SUV. You can check on these models.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Have both RE003 and PS4. Much better longevity and grip on the PS4, despite both priced roughly the same.

I don't recommend the RE003 when you can get a PS4. I don't see any advantages of the RE003 vs the PS4.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    RE003 not cheap though bro. But yea ive checked it too because i can get it with significant discount. My colleague happens to be the son of high ranking official from BridgePH

Haha cheap compared to RE-71
    Inuubos ko lang before switching to PS4S for the next set.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Have both RE003 and PS4. Much better longevity and grip on the PS4, despite both priced roughly the same.

I don't recommend the RE003 when you can get a PS4. I don't see any advantages of the RE003 vs the PS4.

Found a set of michelin primacy4 st with the exact spec. I think it really fits my criteria, grip, braking distance and feedback for daily drive.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Found a set of michelin primacy4 st with the exact spec. I think it really fits my criteria, grip, braking distance and feedback for daily drive.

The Primacy 4 is a good tire - not PS4 good when it comes to outright grip, but a very good match for a crossover which won't be able to maximize the PS4's grip anyway. And the Primacy 4 should last longer. Michelin Primacy 4 st vs PS4

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Test drive mo at high speeds. Let us know How it performs. I have not reached 15k km yet with my Dueler HP Sports and I will hold on to it for another 21k km.

With my daily commute at SLEX, rarely do I get past 150kmh unlike when you’re in SCTEX where you can do 200kmh or more.

Upgrade ka na rin to Brembo NAO pads. They are better than stock in both slow and fast braking.

Last edited by Egan101; November 30th, 2020 at 11:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast