New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hi,

Just wanted to ask the pros here if anyone tried both tires on 19s?
    Im looking for the best 245/45/19, im just not sure if PS4 has that spec

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Pilot Sport 4 > Primacy 4 definitely. More grip (both wet and dry), same longevity as an ordinary tire, quiet on the road.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Just found out today ps4 doesnt have spec for 245/45/19, but im still leaning towards UHP tires, im not open to other brands

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    Just found out today ps4 doesnt have spec for 245/45/19, but im still leaning towards UHP tires, im not open to other brands

Typically kasi 245/35R19 yung common tire size. It's the one that matches the circumference 235/40R18 and 225/45R17 which are the common tire sizes.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes bro, anyway too bad just inquired to all reputable shops, got feedback na michelin will be refilling stocks of those tire size 2-3months pa. So im searching other brands.

What about falken azenis? They offer UHP for 245/45 size. And also yokohama rv02. Same price range 11-12k ea

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes bro, anyway too bad just inquired to all reputable shops, got feedback na michelin will be refilling stocks of those tire size 2-3months pa. So im searching other brands.

What about falken azenis? They offer UHP for 245/45 size. And also yokohama rv02. Same price range 11-12k ea

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5 and Falken Azenis FK510.

Yan yung mga comparable to the PS4 in terms of performance, comfort, longevity, and price.

Yokohama RV02 not even in the same league. Entry level tire lang yan.

What car are you putting it on pala?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Putting it on FXT bro, wanted to have UHP naman because in the past i always used Touring.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Putting it on FXT bro, wanted to have UHP naman because in the past i always used Touring.

I won’t put such tires on my FXT as it is supposed to be a performance-oriented all-purpose CUV. I guess maybe on a performance sedan or coupe, UHP tires would be welcome. Besides, despite the performance of the FXT, it helps if your tires can take on much harsher surfaces like mud, gravel, or unpaved roads.

I use Bridgestone Duel HP Sport now which is better in terms of grip compared to the stock Dueler HL 400. Since it’s your car and you’re running on 19s, it is used most of the time on paved surfaces, you’re free to use UHPs on an FXT.

Last edited by Egan101; November 29th, 2020 at 02:24 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I won’t put such tires on my FXT as it is supposed to be a performance-oriented all-purpose CUV. I guess maybe on a performance sedan or coupe, UHP tires would be welcome. Besides, despite the performance of the FXT, it helps if your tires can take on much harsher surfaces like mud, gravel, or unpaved roads.

I use Bridgestone Duel HP Sport now which is better in terms of grip compared to the stock Dueler HL 400. Since it’s your car and you’re running on 19s, it is used most of the time on paved surfaces, you’re free to use UHPs on an FXT.

Thanks for the feedback boss, may i know what mags you’re using with FXT? Main reason i wanted UHP becaust i just upgraded to light weight mags, and i think i dont have to shorten my budget on tires so im going all out.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the feedback boss, may i know what mags you’re using with FXT? Main reason i wanted UHP becaust i just upgraded to light weight mags, and i think i dont have to shorten my budget on tires so im going all out.

There's a Pilot Sport 4 SUV. Just order it custom from a tire distributor since they don't usually carry stocks of that.

MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 SUV Tires | Michelin Tires Philippines

No point getting a passenger-car Pilot Sport 4 for your FXT. You'll never reach the limit of grip anywhere outside of a track. PS4 SUV also has higher load rating and longer wear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast