New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I just got my City iDSI CVT 2 weeks ago. An excellent car indeed. The features and interior is definitely better than the VIOS. And 7-speed semi-automatic shifting on a sub-compact car-where else could you find something like that! I'm not planning to change my mags and tires because the car looks good even with all stock parts. And sayang yung tires kasi Michelin pa naman din eheheheh...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Nakakaliit lang ng rims and tires ang kaha ng Jazz at City. Matangkad kasi compared to, say, an EK Civic which will already look nice with 15" rolling stock on stock ride height.

You'd want 16" rolling stock on Jazzes/Cities to get that "filled wheelarches" look without lowering the car.

I'm also on the hunt for mags as well.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ako din, i would recommend bigger rims for vios city and jazz. nakakaliit talaga ng rims yung mga yun. 16 will be ok sa city pero just put 50 or 55 series para hindi kabado sa kalye.

the momo fighter mags looks good sa city, hindi ko lang alam if they come in 16's pero ganda.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa jazz/city, like what was said, ke anong size mapili, offset should be +45.

when changing wheels and tires, ALWAYS aim for the tire spec closest to stock tire diameter
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yup. i've seen cities on 16 inchers. they look good.
    bro... hindi naman pangit mukha ng city ah... ang hindi ko type is yung likod..

parehas tayo ng opinion bro yung likod and di ko gusto kung pinataba lang sana yung likod na katulad ng civic ok na na ok na sana..

my ride is city 08 black...naghahanap nga ako ng city na naka-setup (like mags, skirt..etc..) para magaya

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardinero View Post
    parehas tayo ng opinion bro yung likod and di ko gusto kung pinataba lang sana yung likod na katulad ng civic ok na na ok na sana..

my ride is city 08 black...naghahanap nga ako ng city na naka-setup (like mags, skirt..etc..) para magaya

Ey hardinero, musta na? TAgal mo nang hindi nangungulit sa getz club ah.

Musta naman 08 city mo? Im planning to get one next year. Or civic na if budget permits. BItin kasi sa Getz minsan.

But if I was to choose, I'd rather go into 16" for city, kasi mukhang punggok yung OEM ng city.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yep 16s would be the ideal compromise between looks and ride.

Mahirap sa Jazz at City kasi, matangkad ang kaha nila. Their rolling stock looks puny in the wheel wells. If you don't want to resort to lowering you will need a relatively large-diameter wheel.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Yep 16s would be the ideal compromise between looks and ride.

Mahirap sa Jazz at City kasi, matangkad ang kaha nila. Their rolling stock looks puny in the wheel wells. If you don't want to resort to lowering you will need a relatively large-diameter wheel.
    is it possible to increase the diameter of the wheels so that you can maximize fuel consumption without compromising the distance between your wheels and fenders? any ideal specs to address this? thanks

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by e_chen View Post
    is it possible to increase the diameter of the wheels so that you can maximize fuel consumption without compromising the distance between your wheels and fenders? any ideal specs to address this? thanks
    sir, lifters ang katapat niyan... hehehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by e_chen View Post
    If you follow proper "plus-sizing" of wheels, then the overall diameter of the wheel and tire should not change. It goes without saying that the larger the wheel, the narrower the tire's sidewall will get.

It's most desirable to maintain this overall diameter because your car's speedometer, trip meter and odometer are all calibrated to the overall diameter of the stock tires (195/55R15 or 175/65R14). If you deviate from this overall diameter, all of them will develop some error or deviation from the true value.

I upgraded my 175/65R14 stock tires on 14" wheels to 205/45ZR16 tires on 16" wheels. Error was kept to a manageable 1.7% more or less, you can compute this.

As for your question on fender clearance...if you stick close to the overall diameter you shouldn't have any problems. All things kept the same, fender clearance is dictated by your SPRINGS, not your WHEELS (assuming you used a +45 wheel offset and a maximum 7.0 wheel width). If you kept your stock springs you should have no problems.

Here are pictures of my Jazz's wheel upgrade.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48907
    Last edited by Type 100; April 14th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mags for Honda City : 15 or 16 ?