New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 160 of 240 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    nitto nt830 225 50 17 98y

excellent value after discounts 😅

semi quiet, made in japan. grips corners really well. havent lost traction like some tires.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Sir, would you say it is still better to stick it out with Bridgestone R200? Bec GT and Casumina are half the price (around Php 6K/pc) of the Bridgestone (around Php 12K/pc) but as you say they do not last until the thread wear out.

Current Bridgestones now have almost reached 50K mileage. 4.5 yrs old. Only the rear set needs replacement (bec of heavier loads)

We also use Goodyear HMC 2020 it is a bias ply (I believe). It really wears out fast. I dont think it will even reach half of what Bridgestone can do. Php 7.8K/pc
    Bro, since you have heavier loads I wouldn't recommend a cheaper tire. If the Bridgestones make it to TWI that means they are suitable for the job despite the load. 50TKm is pretty good already. Radials will always give you more mileage. This advantage is even greater when the unit is used in long haul trips. Bias tires overheat in these conditions and treadwear is accelerated as a result. If you want to try different radials I'd try Yokohamas. But I bet the Bridgestones will still outperform them.

The only time I would use bias tires is if:
    1. The unit only does regional deliveries.
    2. Overload is more than 20%
    3. Unit is driven on bad roads or off road
    4. No radial option

And even then I only use the more expensive ones (i.e. MRF). The Goodyears are still bias construction, that's why they don't last as long. Where are you located? The quote you got for the R200 is way too high.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Bro, since you have heavier loads I wouldn't recommend a cheaper tire. If the Bridgestones make it to TWI that means they are suitable for the job despite the load. 50TKm is pretty good already. Radials will always give you more mileage. This advantage is even greater when the unit is used in long haul trips. Bias tires overheat in these conditions and treadwear is accelerated as a result. If you want to try different radials I'd try Yokohamas. But I bet the Bridgestones will still outperform them.

4. No radial option

And even then I only use the more expensive ones (i.e. MRF). The Goodyears are still bias construction, that's why they don't last as long. Where are you located? The quote you got for the R200 is way too high.
    kinda curious, what tire pressures for the r200? whats the load index? so many truck operators seem to operate at less than optimal tire pressures, high rolling resistance increased wear. kamot ulo... blame the product.
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 27th, 2018 at 01:56 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    kinda curious, what tire pressures for the r200? whats the load index? so many truck operators seem to operate at less than optimal tire pressures, high rolling resistance increased wear. kamot ulo... blame the product.
    That's true bro. Kamote drivers are responsible for most failures. That's why tire companies are quick to blame them first

But still we can only measure tire performance with the presumption of due diligence.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bridgestone R200
    Front 58 psi
    Rear 94 psi

"cold"

as per sticker on the chassis.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Bridgestone R200
    Front 58 psi
    Rear 94 psi

"cold"

as per sticker on the chassis.
    is that with maximum payload?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sharing this guide to convert tread in millimeters to qualitative/percentage descriptions:

Lagi kasi ako nakakakita ng for sale na tires lagi nalang 80% tread pa daw pero 3mm nalang natitira. 80% worn na pala. Low budget yet good quality tires

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

4. No radial option

Actually, the bridgestone quote is from tirecenter.ph

Anyway I dont know why but the other day the canter experienced a blow out. Front tire this time (we experienced a rear tire blow out with another canter). I always tell the drivers not to underinflate (causes excess heat hence blowout). I checked last week and it was overinflated by 10 psi (so I just left it alone) . Is it possible an verloaded the cargo (2400Kg) [Payload is less than 2200 (2185kg?)] can cause the tire to blow? If its overloaded , the rear should have blown (bec heavier load and thinner remaining thread)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I've just replaced my front tires with Nankang Surpax SP5 235/65/R17 from my suki for 5200/pc. I was impressed by the 108V load/speed rating which was an improvement from the 104T Westlakes it replaced. Unidirectional tread pattern also looked pretty good. After a couple of days, I can say that it has excellent grip. No squealing even with sudden jabs on the throttle. Though it seems to be a bit noisier than the old Westlake.
    Sir saan ka nakabili ng Nankang Surpax SP5? Salamat sir.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redjared View Post
    Sir saan ka nakabili ng Nankang Surpax SP5? Salamat sir.
    Ever Car Check at Banawe corner Cuenco St. Tapat ng Lam Tin Restaurant.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Low budget yet good quality tires