New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 123 of 240 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    265 65 17 what all terrain tires would you suggest?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by igiwtf View Post
    265 65 17 what all terrain tires would you suggest?
    GT Savero AT+...tried and tested in my mid-size suv

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    WestLakeLow budget yet good quality tires
    5 Tires You Should NEVER Buy! - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My latest Westlake experience actually wasn't so bad... The SU318 H/T's fared pretty well considering the cost. No drama in highway runs and were much quieter than I expected. Grip was satisfactory, though nowhere near as good as the Nankang's that replaced it. Treadwear was surprisingly quick, reaching typical replacement levels for us in just 1 year/8k kms, but was still understandable since it was installed in a front driven SUV with prodigious amounts of torque.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Treadwear was surprisingly quick, reaching typical replacement levels for us in just 1 year/8k kms, but was still understandable since it was installed in a front driven SUV with prodigious amounts of torque.

...that sounds terrible!
    how long did your previous brands last?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...that sounds terrible!
    Got that car (07 Santa Fe) just last January, 2017 so that was the first pair of fronts that I went through. It came with Goodyear Efficientgrips (which actually weren't all that grippy either, IIRC). I replaced the fronts with Westlakes not long after buying the car. Replaced them again with Nankangs last month. The Goodyears at the rear are still there and, I estimate, still just as thick as it was when I got it.

Just a couple of months ago, I had the misfortune of rolling on a dog that happened to be sleeping under my car. In its fury, it bit into my left rear tire (the Goodyear) and left FIVE holes in it. Spent 750 pesos for vulcanizing. Figured it would still be cheaper than getting a new tire. Also it must be noted that the dog (a medium sized street dog) sustained no visible damage at all and was actually able to run away once I backed up the vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...that sounds terrible!
    Yeah. Abnormal ang 8k km lang ah?

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    too short of a tire life kung 8k kms lang. the 1st set of gt savero at+ i had lasted 10x that. iirc, i posted in the previous pages. i am now in my 2nd set of gt savero and i believe it will even surpass the previous set this time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Need also set of tires for innova running on 17s I prefer 215/55/17. any suggestions guys?
    Saw a blacklion tire its cheap pero haven's seen any reviews. may naka-try na ba saten dito?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    too short of a tire life kung 8k kms lang. the 1st set of gt savero at+ i had lasted 10x that. iirc, i posted in the previous pages. i am now in my 2nd set of gt savero and i believe it will even surpass the previous set this time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    True, that. But I have to say that the tires weren't entirely bald. In fact, I would've used it probably up to 10k kms at the very least if my father hadn't insisted on replacing them on his dime (since he uses it sometimes). Only the shoulder part was truly worn down. Significant tread wear difference between outer and inner halves was noticed, hence alignment was done, but I replaced the tires anyway. If I was being economical, rotation could probably still be done and the tires used till the wear evens out. But I ain't doing that with budget China tires.

I also have to guiltily admit that I sometimes enjoy the Santa Fe's torque a bit too much. Low budget yet good quality tires

Low budget yet good quality tires