New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 231 of 240 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I have been using Westlakes for years on my different cars. So far ok naman performance nya at least for city driving. Never used them for long drives on SLEX and NLEX yet.

Should I still buy Westlakes (may bagong model ata sila na S-700) or does someone here have a better alternative than Westlakes? Note that Westlakes are priced around 4k+ a tire.
    My daily drive is SLEX so comfort and noise was priority.

Coming from Dunlop LM704, installed Westlake SU318. The price was too good to be true but the shop highly recommended them.

Thankfully this tire exceeded all my expectations. Even grip was better than the Dunlop. Would consider them for my next replacement.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Thats interesting

Im using those Dunlops now and they pretty decent, much better than the original run flats that came with the car. The dunlops are much better in the rain than the original set. The car no longer changes lane by itself when it hits a puddle on the skyway.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by manager View Post
    My daily drive is SLEX so comfort and noise was priority.

Coming from Dunlop LM704, installed Westlake SU318. The price was too good to be true but the shop highly recommended them.

Thankfully this tire exceeded all my expectations. Even grip was better than the Dunlop. Would consider them for my next replacement.
    Akala ko pinalitan na ang Westlake ng new brand name.
    Meron pa pala? My previous car spent 7 yrs using this tires and wala akong problema sa unit even on long trips.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Good Ride yata yung isang brand name ng westlake..

experience ko sa westlake maingay eh.. minsan kasi wala masyado documentations or review sa tire series nila kaya hirap pumili.. di mo alam kung ano yung premium vs sa regular tires nila

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here’s a picture of my new Otani KC2000 mounted on the XT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

experience ko sa westlake maingay eh.. minsan kasi wala masyado documentations or review sa tire series nila kaya hirap pumili.. di mo alam kung ano yung premium vs sa regular tires nila
    I've been using Goodride sa Swift namin so far ok naman. got it weeks before pandemic started around March 2020. car used only for grocery trips.

to date, km run since started using Goodride is around 13k kms pa lang. no issues naman so far. and i agree ma ingay nga

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I've been using eco tires for so long now after I learned how affordable they are and can run at least 40k kms before wearing out. It can be pushed to 50k but it's not safe for high speed highway driving na.

It fits my use because I only use 7k kms a year, and lesser now after the pandemic. That's just 35k kms for 5 years which is the suggested life span of a tire.
    For my own experience for sedans, regular tires last us around 30k kms to 35k kms max.

I haven't managed to wear out any of my ecotires (changed my ecopias to bluearth because I really couldn't bear the road noise anymore after just 18k kms). They should last around 50k kms max I think (correct me if I am wrong) and I do have them rotated every 10k kms to allow for even wear at least on 4 tires rather than just the front wearing out first.

I came across a site that said the "rated" fuel economy (EPA) vs with ecotires improved their figure by 1 to 2% that's why I wonder if it really matters much for city driving conditions (below 20kph average) when more rolling resistance is encountered at higher speeds, especially if most of the travel is stuck idling in traffic. Hehe!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For my own experience for sedans, regular tires last us around 30k kms to 35k kms max.

I haven't managed to wear out any of my ecotires (changed my ecopias to bluearth because I really couldn't bear the road noise anymore after just 18k kms). They should last around 50k kms max I think (correct me if I am wrong) and I do have them rotated every 10k kms to allow for even wear at least on 3 tires rather than just the front wearing out first.

I came across a site that said the "rated" fuel economy (EPA) vs with ecotires improved their figure by 1 to 2% that's why I wonder if it really matters much for city driving conditions (below 20kph average) when more rolling resistance is encountered at higher speeds, especially if most of the travel is stuck idling in traffic. Hehe!
    Yes, I was referring actually to bluearth when I mentioned eco (economy) tires. I never had experience with Bridgestone ecopia because they still cost more than the Yokohamas. Naalala ko tuloy, when I dumped my 50k super worn out bluearths (I always change all 4s) someone asked me for it. A few weeks later, I found them mounted on a Civic parked in a community mall. Low budget yet good quality tires

9. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

I agree medyo maingay siya.
    But if maganda naman sound proofing ng car mo, I think hindi siya magiging issue lalo na if city driving lang.
    Goodride nga pala pinalit ko sa previous car pero parang after months of use, nadali ng pako ata, not sure ano nakabutas ng tire na yun.

If may binebenta pa ring westlake, will try to look for this again for my next tire replacement.

Ang lalim eh, ginamitan ng injection ng shell automechanic to patch the holes.
    First time kong nakakita ng ganung patching technique, hindi na need i remove yung tires when they patched it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any feedback on these super cheap tires (less than 4k a piece):

Arivo
    Double Coin
    Yeada
    Cooper
    Sailun
    Any other brand

Low budget yet good quality tires