New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 230 of 240 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Chinese brand tires? Meron pa ako nakita na brand china.. sunfull tires

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Chinese brand tires? Meron pa ako nakita na brand china.. sunfull tires
    pero Chinese brands will also have "eco" "wet" "premium" tires

so back to my question...

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    minsan naisip ko... PH setting

malaki ba talaga matitipid if you use "budget tires"

ang alam ko may premium tires talaga which are expensive.

pero yung everyday stock tires na gamit ng Vios/City... nasa thousands ba ang matitipid?

ganung kalaki ba talaga tipid?

I was just looking at tires for my Vespa (no idea why Lazada showed me scooter tires)

May "Beast Tires" which is only 200-400 pesos cheaper than the stock tires... kung 2 bibilhin ko thats only 800 pesos savings... pero may shipping costs pa si "Beast" tapos ako pa hahanap ng magkakabit

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Premium tires kasi have different tire compound makapit pero less drag coefficient.. kung highway speeds may significant effect yan..

Possible na may effect din sa daily drive... mas madali mag accelerate pag lighter tires eh..

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    what are regular tires? and alam ko yung stock tires installed sa City and Vios are eco tires.

mas mura ba regular tires?
    Per my mind, sa alam ko

Bridgestone - Ecopia series tires
    Yokohama - Bluearth series tires
    Continental - Ecocontact (had to google this as I've never purchased Continentals) or with "Ecoplus Technology"
    Goodyear - Assurance or with "FuelMax Technology"

But not all tires have the same fuel claims so I am tagging those as regular tires (that are non performance oriented ones for track, racing or drift series)

Per my experience just with Bridgestone and Yokohama (when I was asking before replacing with Yokohama Bluearth), the non EcoTires are cheaper by approx 800 to 1000php per tire when compared within the same brand. Ecotires do have longer wear ratings above 50k kms so they do last longer but I've never reached that point before they are "aged" out and start to show cracks yet in our cars. At least for sedans. I don't know if they fit ecotires to crossovers and SUVs as I've never seen ecotires at those sizes.

Tradeoffs I can think off the bat are ecotires tends to have more road noise (so I personally preferred bluearth with lesser road noise than my previous ecopias after swapping them out), and stiffer sidewalls so road comfort seemed to be reduced compared to regular tires that can (seem) to provide better cushioning. at least those are what I've observed on ecotires I used. Stiffer sidewalls do manage to hold form and I haven't seen mine ever bulge out when they go lower than minimum tire pressure required by the car. So far..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just put on affordable tires on my XT after 2 sets of Bridgestones in 70k km. Whistl3r offered me Otani tires which is less than half the price of a Bridgestone. He knows how I drive and he gives me the best advice when it comes to tires.

Very good experience ko with the Otani EK1000 that I put on the ASX last year. It is even better in terms of grip and noise compared to the crappy Yokohama ASPEC that came stock on the ASX.

Yesterday, I got Otani KC2000 to replace the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport. I had a tire blown out by an errant rock in the middle of SLEX last weekend and I had no choice but to replace the ageing Dueler HP Sports. The Otani KC2000 has a higher speed rating (104W vs 99V) and better treadwear rating (320 vs 300). Since classified as UHP yung Otani KC2000, it will offer better grip than a touring or regular sporty tires. If it lasts 30k km, then it is well worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; December 7th, 2022 at 02:20 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    minsan naisip ko... PH setting

malaki ba talaga matitipid if you use "budget tires"

ang alam ko may premium tires talaga which are expensive.

pero yung everyday stock tires na gamit ng Vios/City... nasa thousands ba ang matitipid?

If we're talking about changing all 4 tires, malaki rin ang natitipid. When I was shopping for 205/55/16, nasa around 2.7k/pc. ang mga Arivo/ Sailun/ Westlake, etc. Sa mga mid-priced tire pa lang ng Goodyear/ Yokohama/ Falken/ Bridgestone is around 4.8k na. So for all tires that would be a difference of 8.4k na. Again, yung 8.4k na yun is just the difference. Halos pwede ka na ring magpalit ng isa pang sasakyan gamit ang budget tires.

Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Ako, question ko naman sa gulong. Yung mga ecotire ba at our "average speeds" na 20kph or below (hehe!), may real benefit ba sa FC ng kotse, or practically wala din kasi nga sobrang baba ng average speed for it to even make a dent?

Highway cruising I understand but pano sa city driving? need ba magconsider pa ng ecotires or just pick regular tires altogether coz it won't matter in our road/traffic conditions in the city?

To the contrary, I think mas may benefit ang Eco tires sa mga stop & go traffic. Isa sa mga features ng Eco tires is the low rolling resistance. That is, the force needed to move the car from a standstill is less. Kapag nasa cruising speed ka na I think all else being equal eh minimal na lang ang benefit.

I think there is a case for budget tires dito sa atin sa Pinas. As I've said, stop and go lang tayo mostly tapos average speed siguro between 20~40kph lang. At least that's what my car's instrument console tells me. So yung mga listed features ng mga premium tires eh we probably wouldn't get the full benefits. Unlike sa US na they usually travel at highway speed averaging 70mph (110kph). You really have to consider the safety and handling that premium tires can offer. Of course, kung ang byahe mo rin dito eh mostly SLEX/ NLEX/ Star Tollway, etc. baka kelangan mo rin to spend extra for your tires.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    crappy Yokohama ASPEC that came stock on the ASX.
    Is this the aspec a300 that was also stock on the gen 1 innova?

I didnt know that the asx also use the same stock tire as the gen1 innova.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Is this the aspec a300 that was also stock on the gen 1 innova?

I didnt know that the asx also use the same stock tire as the gen1 innova.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yep, the same one. It is hard and durable but so-so in terms of grip. It does not inspire confidence. Despite that, I was still able to push the car to 180kmh.

The Otani EK1000 are much better in grip and comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have been using Westlakes for years on my different cars. So far ok naman performance nya at least for city driving. Never used them for long drives on SLEX and NLEX yet.

Should I still buy Westlakes (may bagong model ata sila na S-700) or does someone here have a better alternative than Westlakes? Note that Westlakes are priced around 4k+ a tire.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I've been using eco tires for so long now after I learned how affordable they are and can run at least 40k kms before wearing out. It can be pushed to 50k but it's not safe for high speed highway driving na.

It fits my use because I only use 7k kms a year, and lesser now after the pandemic. That's just 35k kms for 5 years which is the suggested life span of a tire.

Low budget yet good quality tires