New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 201 of 240 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHepburns View Post
    Bro thanks for this. I get that performance tires are noisy, but how do you rate the noise? Is it annoying? Would you think i can still hear it considering i have HKS exhaust?

I drive 35-50km daily on mcarthur hiway. Sometimes, when it’s late at night or dawn going home/work, i drive 100-120kph sometimes, beyond that. On corners, medyo maingat naman ako and i’m not a fan of speeding on corners. So mostly bro, straight line lang talaga ako humaharurot at pag open ang hiway. 40+km lang inabot mo sa fleva? Was the fleva totally worn out? Hmm. Michellin sports 4 is too pricey for me at the moment kac.
    Fleva wasn't worn out but 2 tires had sidewall cuts due to a pothole so had to change them, changed all 4 already to be consistent. Still had 3.5 mm tread left so they would still last another 10,000 km or so.

I would also do triple-digit speeds on McArthur and I used to drive 500-800 km a week. No issue with the tires.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Yokohama Advan Fleva V71 test and review of the summer tire Yokohama V71 | AllTyreTests.com

Here is the chart for wear projection. About 35000kms.

It already has a comparo in the site for other similar performance tires but federal wasnt there.

If a review from same site that has both.

Federal 595EVO - Tyre Tests and Reviews * Tyre Reviews
    Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 - Tyre Tests and Reviews * Tyre Reviews

Based on those reviews, if priced close, go with yokohama. The federal doesnt have good grip in the wet as a start.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Yokohama Advan Fleva V71 test and review of the summer tire Yokohama V71 | AllTyreTests.com

It already has a comparo in the site for other similar performance tires but federal wasnt there.

Based on those reviews, if priced close, go with yokohama. The federal doesnt have good grip in the wet as a start.
    My firsthand experience with the V701 is that it lasts longer than 35,000 km.

I got mine at 28,000 km and replaced at 67,000km (39k km total) but with 3.5mm left which is at least 30% tread remaining so the tires would have lasted 55,000 km.

For reference, this is the conversion of % tread remaining vs mm tread remaining:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Yokohama Advan Fleva V7�1 test and review of the summer tire Yokohama V7�1 | AllTyreTests.com

Thanks bro for the link. That first comparo with other performance tires made me doubt to buy the yokohama advan fleva. Ang kulelat naman sa ranking lol.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHepburns View Post
    Thanks bro for the link. That first comparo with other performance tires made me doubt to buy the yokohama advan fleva. Ang kulelat naman sa ranking lol.
    Because you're comparing it to better, more expensive tires like the Michelin PS4, Conti Sport 6, Goodyear Assymetric F1, etc.

But if you compare that to other cheap brands like Achilles 2233, Accelera Phi, Neuton NT5000, etc, it performs just fine.

I've won races with my V701. Performance isn't as good as the other tires above, but you won't notice unless you drive fast in corners. Kung McArthur/NLEX lang, no difference at all.

If you really want high-performance tires but kapos sa budget, you can get GT SX2 or Achilles 123S. These are very grippy tires that are great for track use but are have much more road noise and will not last as long as a road tire like the V701.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Because you're comparing it to better, more expensive tires like the Michelin PS4, Conti Sport 6, Goodyear Assymetric F1, etc.

But if you compare that to other cheap brands like Achilles 2233, Accelera Phi, Neuton NT5000, etc, it performs just fine.

I've won races with my V701. Performance isn't as good as the other tires above, but you won't notice unless you drive fast in corners. Kung McArthur/NLEX lang, no difference at all.

If you really want high-performance tires but kapos sa budget, you can get GT SX2 or Achilles 123S. These are very grippy tires that are great for track use but are have much more road noise and will not last as long as a road tire like the V701.

Yup that’s what I thought. And yep, i’m going for advan fleva. Since saktong bilis lang naman patakbo ko. Thank you

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For the same price as the Fleva V701, would also consider the Kumho Ecsta KU39. Had them before the Fleva, roughly the same price (5.2k vs 5.5k) and it had better grip.

Fleva would probably last longer though (it's always a tradeoff between grip and longevity).

Kumho Ecsta KU39 - Tyre Tests and Reviews * Tyre Reviews

In any case, the V701 is a pretty safe choice and decent value for its price.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I would like to ask for recommendations for the replacement of the 2 front tires of our Innova. Daily use involves driving my niece to and from school everyday (less than 10k distance) with an occasional visit to the province (Laguna) once or twice a month.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vproject View Post
    I would like to ask for recommendations for the replacement of the 2 front tires of our Innova. Daily use involves driving my niece to and from school everyday (less than 10k distance) with an occasional visit to the province (Laguna) once or twice a month.
    Marami ako napapansin na innova mabilis mapudpod yung gulong...

I'm GUESSING it's a combination of having passenger car tires on a heavier MPV.

Suggestions: replace with STOCK tires (which aren't bad!)

Or: SUV or Light Truck tires (like what you get on the hiace) if you can find it in the right size.

Whatever you do, remember to have the NEW TIRES PUT AT THE BACK!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Marami ako napapansin na innova mabilis mapudpod yung gulong...

I'm GUESSING it's a combination of having passenger car tires on a heavier MPV.

Suggestions: replace with STOCK tires (which aren't bad!)

Or: SUV or Light Truck tires (like what you get on the hiace) if you can find it in the right size.

Whatever you do, remember to have the NEW TIRES PUT AT THE BACK!
    We did this for our last gen Innova. Replaced the worn Yokohama Aspecs with Michelin Agilis. Wasn't able to track mileage but for sure they did last a lot longer. But ride quality suffered from the stiffer sidewalls.

Low budget yet good quality tires