New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 200 of 240 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Hmm...

Stock ecopias ka pala... what's your mileage on those tires? I seem to recall Ecopias should theoretically be lasting around 50000 to 60000kms on average.

Hindi naman ito yung on your MG ZS atty?
    nope sir. malayo pa ZS hehehe

46k and counting.haha

2. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    with that distance, at high speed, even,
    i would get the best tires i am willing to afford.

low budget tires, yet good quality...
    do such things exist at all?

suggestions doc?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.cadmus View Post
    nope sir. malayo pa ZS hehehe

46k and counting.haha
    If coming from Ecopias, I went from Bridgestone Ecopias to Yokohama BluEarths. You can check Yokohama Philippines website if there is a direct dealer in your area so you can get the best price na cash, instead of discounted by a reseller lang.

But if not necessarily Ecotires, technically, dunlops should be fine. Don't know if may nearby sa area ninyo atty.

For record din why I opted for Yokohamas to replace my Ecopias. They have less road noise mainly (I checked online reviews from tire shops/sellers in Australia, Europe and US if they carry the same available in our market to get an idea).

Then, may BDO Promo kasi sa credit card called Visa Twin Date Rebate. Usually the first one comes August 8. your transaction will get an 8% rebate. The other "event" is on October 10, so 10% rebate.

I went to SnR to purchase a gift card para "qualified" transaction sa BDO. Along with that, I applied to EastWest credit Card a new credit card and got another SnR GC... 2k php ata yun. Ngayon they are offering 1.5k php, don't know til when though. So we applied eventually got a total 6k GC (free)

Rebate plus the free 6k GC total from Eastwest, e di murang mura yung Yokohama ko, way cheaper than Ecopia and mas mura sa non ecotires ng Federal. =)

Hopefully that gives you an alternative instead of opting for "budget brands" but still managing to get price parity.

Bonus na lang yung libre pa-nitrogen ng tires ko and tire rotation every 10k kms sa SnR now. =)

EDIT: atty, check mo na lang yung Ecopia series na nakabit stock sa iyo. Alam ko talaga 60k to 70k kms pa bago talaga mapudpud ang mga yung eh. Old Ecopias ko were EP120 series. Hirap actually maghanap before kasi alanganin size.

Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus Tire Review & Rating - Tire Reviews and More

Above is just an example.

"Warranty

Bridgestone provides a 5-year or 70,000 mile treadlife warranty on the Ecopia EP422 Plus. A first 1/32 inch of wear guarantee on tire uniformity is also included."

So you can try to check first. I think premature yung 50k kms for wear of Ecopias, since usual rating nila in miles, times 1.6 to get kms.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    If coming from Ecopias, I went from Bridgestone Ecopias to Yokohama BluEarths. You can check Yokohama Philippines website if there is a direct dealer in your area so you can get the best price na cash, instead of discounted by a reseller lang.

But if not necessarily Ecotires, technically, dunlops should be fine. Don't know if may nearby sa area ninyo atty.

For record din why I opted for Yokohamas to replace my Ecopias. They have less road noise mainly (I checked online reviews from tire shops/sellers in Australia, Europe and US if they carry the same available in our market to get an idea).

Then, may BDO Promo kasi sa credit card called Visa Twin Date Rebate. Usually the first one comes August 8. your transaction will get an 8% rebate. The other "event" is on October 10, so 10% rebate.

I went to SnR to purchase a gift card para "qualified" transaction sa BDO. Along with that, I applied to EastWest credit Card a new credit card and got another SnR GC... 2k php ata yun. Ngayon they are offering 1.5k php, don't know til when though. So we applied eventually got a total 6k GC (free)

Rebate plus the free 6k GC total from Eastwest, e di murang mura yung Yokohama ko, way cheaper than Ecopia and mas mura sa non ecotires ng Federal. =)

Hopefully that gives you an alternative instead of opting for "budget brands" but still managing to get price parity.

Bonus na lang yung libre pa-nitrogen ng tires ko and tire rotation every 10k kms sa SnR now. =)
    I think there is a Yokohama dealer here in Davao City.

Nice input sir. I will try to visit the dealer tomorrow for the price.

I just want those tires that could last for the next 50,000 Kms, since my place of work is far and the possibility of being transferred is not yet happening soon. Hopefully the soonest. haha

Sagad ko muna sir. kasi based on your experience malayo layo pa.hehehe

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.cadmus View Post
    I think there is a Yokohama dealer here in Davao City.

Nice input sir. I will try to visit the dealer tomorrow for the price.

I just want those tires that could last for the next 50,000 Kms, since my place of work is far and the possibility of being transferred is not yet happening soon. Hopefully the soonest. haha

Sagad ko muna sir. kasi based on your experience malayo layo pa.hehehe
    Hi atty, check mo lang yung current wear ng gulung.

Yung sedan EP120 ko dati naka 25k kms na, mukhang bago pa din at makapal pa. Pero inis na talaga ako sa road noise kaya pinalitan ko na.

Kung okay pa tread ng ecopias ninyo atty, then just double check the manufacturing date of the tire na hindi pa siya "malutung" kasi I usually think about changing tires I use for highway if they are 6 to 7 years old. If city car only na okay pa tread, then 8 years. hehe!

Check also the tread guarantee on your model of ecopias atty para panigurado din tulad nung sinend ko. Pang minivan kasi na Ecopia yun so malamang mas makapal ala "8ply" hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    I知 down to 2 options. Yokohama advan fleva or the federal 595evo? Both of their price are almost as the same. Just need now who has the more comfortable/quiter ride. Thoughts?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHepburns View Post
    I知 down to 2 options. Yokohama advan fleva or the federal 595evo? Both of their price are almost as the same. Just need now who has the more comfortable/quiter ride. Thoughts?
    Based on the groove patterns, the Advan Fleva will be quieter on the road but I will leave it up to actual users to share their observations. Based on my experience, the 595EVO is a sport tire and it is not quiet on the road but it offers good amount of grip.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Fleva is quieter definitely, but not as grippy. Grip matters if you drive fast in corners. If you drive fast in a straight line, grip doesn't matter much. You ought to be more concerned with stability in the wet, and the Fleva performs well in this regard.

Had the Fleva for 2 years on my Civic, replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 after 40+k km. Just bought another set of Flevas for my Mazda 3, replacing a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE003.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; March 6th, 2020 at 05:38 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Based on the groove patterns, the Advan Fleva will be quieter on the road but I will leave it up to actual users to share their observations. Based on my experience, the 595EVO is a sport tire and it is not quiet on the road but it offers good amount of grip.
    Bro thanks for this. I get that performance tires are noisy, but how do you rate the noise? Is it annoying? Would you think i can still hear it considering i have HKS exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Fleva is quieter definitely, but not as grippy. Grip matters if you drive fast in corners. If you drive fast in a straight line, grip doesn't matter much. You ought to be more concerned with stability in the wet, and the Fleva performs well in this regard.

Had the Fleva for 2 years on my Civic, replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 after 40+k km. Just bought another set of Flevas for my Mazda 3, replacing a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE003.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    I drive 35-50km daily on mcarthur hiway. Sometimes, when it痴 late at night or dawn going home/work, i drive 100-120kph sometimes, beyond that. On corners, medyo maingat naman ako and i知 not a fan of speeding on corners. So mostly bro, straight line lang talaga ako humaharurot at pag open ang hiway. 40+km lang inabot mo sa fleva? Was the fleva totally worn out? Hmm. Michellin sports 4 is too pricey for me at the moment kac.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bro thanks for this. I get that performance tires are noisy, but how do you rate the noise? Is it annoying? Would you think i can still hear it considering i have HKS exhaust?

I drive 35-50km daily on mcarthur hiway. Sometimes, when it痴 late at night or dawn going home/work, i drive 100-120kph sometimes, beyond that. On corners, medyo maingat naman ako and i知 not a fan of speeding on corners. So mostly bro, straight line lang talaga ako humaharurot at pag open ang hiway. 40+km lang inabot mo sa fleva? Was the fleva totally worn out? Hmm. Michellin sports 4 is too pricey for me at the moment kac.
    I guess kung maingay na exhaust mo, di mo na mapapansin yung noise from the tires. Hahahaha

If you are observant with your ride, you would know the sound of rubber interaction with tarmac. Touring tires are much quieter compared to sport tires. For sport tires, you can hear that distinctive humming but it is not an annoying sound.

120kmh is not too fast with either tires. I guess both tires can handle speeds over 200kmh on open roads.

Low budget yet good quality tires