New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    We had the gt champiro on our fiesta, maybe its just me, pero "umuungol" sia. I can hear a humming sound which it didnt have nung stock continentals pa ang nakakabit.

I stay away from yokohamas. Twice na na oblong ang yokohamas samin on our pajero. Nagwiwigle tuloy between 80-100kph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    bro jut, wala ako masyado alam sa tires. pero analyzing your post here, and other threads sold kana sa SX2. Get it na bro :P

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    We had the gt champiro on our fiesta, maybe its just me, pero "umuungol" sia. I can hear a humming sound which it didnt have nung stock continentals pa ang nakakabit.

I stay away from yokohamas. Twice na na oblong ang yokohamas samin on our pajero. Nagwiwigle tuloy between 80-100kph.

Which GT Champiro bro? There are many models ranging from the Eco, to the HPY, to the SX2. Each tire is made from a different compound, with a different tread design, targeted to a different market. So one bad model doesn't make the entire brand bad.

Same case with the Yokohama. The Geolandar for SUVs is very different from the BluEarth and Advan for cars.

Classic case is Goodyear - the NCT5 which came stock on several cars in the early 2000s (like the Ford Focus) was an awful tire. But the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is arguably the best high-performance tire for daily use, if only it didn't cost so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro jut, wala ako masyado alam sa tires. pero analyzing your post here, and other threads sold kana sa SX2. Get it na bro :P
    Bro I'm not actually sold on the SX2. While it has the best performance, it's also the noisiest with the least durability. I don't drive all out all the time, so the grip isn't necessary. I also talked to a guy who used the SX2 for his daily driver - while it's a good tire, he believes you can go with something less extreme for the daily grind.

I'm leaning more towards the Kumho right now. More grip than regular tires but more durable and not as noisy as the SX2.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Ma segway ko lang bro jut, gaano ka kadali ma annoy sa tire/road noise? naalala ko lang dun sa duraplus nun swift, hirap ako madinig ng kausap ko vs. yokohama nun vios. Nga lang stock insulation nun vios mas maganda vs. dun sa swift. Di ko ma compare ng straight up pero obvious na mas tahimik yung 2013 yoko.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Ma segway ko lang bro jut, gaano ka kadali ma annoy sa tire/road noise? naalala ko lang dun sa duraplus nun swift, hirap ako madinig ng kausap ko vs. yokohama nun vios. Nga lang stock insulation nun vios mas maganda vs. dun sa swift. Di ko ma compare ng straight up pero obvious na mas tahimik yung 2013 yoko.
    My Achilles 2233 tires are quite noisy on the highway and I'd appreciate a bit less road noise if possible. This is another reason why the KU39 scores high on my list - it's quiet even if it's a performance tire.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Which GT Champiro bro?

Naku i dont know. we sold the fiesta a few months back but im attaching a picture just in case you can make out the model from the image? I can only read the champiro part. Maybe you can recognize the thread pattern...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Naku i dont know. we sold the fiesta a few months back but im attaching a picture just in case you can make out the model from the image? I can only read the champiro part. Maybe you can recognize the thread pattern...

Looks like the Champiro GTX, a step higher than the entry level Champiro Eco.

[emoji4]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Would you consider federal evo595? Ive heard good reviews also used in the phil touring car years back

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Would you consider federal evo595? Ive heard good reviews also used in the phil touring car years back
    I considered it at first. But at just 1k difference with the Kumho, I went for the Kumho. Better reviews, better brand.

The 595 Evo is also directional unlike the KU39 which is asymmetric, so I can rotate left to right and front to back for more even tire wear.

My 2233s at the rear still have some tread left, good for about 5,000 km I guess. But I prefer to change all 4 as a set.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'd choose the Kumho Solus TA31 for a grand touring/high performance tire or the Ecsta PS91 for ultra performance but the Solus KU39 is a good choice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast