New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    3 out of 5 stars review ang Jiga store. Medyo nakakatakyut kapag "too good to be true" yung matagal na warrantyscreenshot_20220623-074620_facebook.jpg

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    3 out of 5 stars review ang Jiga Evangelista store. Medyo nakakatakyut kapag "too good to be true" yung matagal na warrantyscreenshot_20220623-074620_facebook.jpg
    You'll see the date of manufacture namsn sa tires mismo. Jiga was recommended here in Tsikot din and they have several branches too

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hindi common yung 7 years warranty, so medyo scammy ang impression ko.

Just the other day I saw this post at an auto FB group someone bought an Arivo budget tire. After 3 days of use the tire just exploded with a sidewall puncture. How the shop handled the warranty claim is somewhat dodgy. The helpless client can't get his tire replacement, the store insisted it was punctured by some road obstruction/object.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    I really wanna try sana jut's reco of the Michelin PS4. Maranasan ko man lang yung new car feel sa lumang kotse ko. Hehe.
    The new Falken ZE310s feels a bit rough on some patches. Pero probably it's because they're now at 36 (cold) ~ 38 (hot) psi.
    I might try and air out some to about 33~34psi when cold. Kahit man lang sana yung fronts eh Michelin.

Pero I just might settle with the GoodYear ATM-2. Maganda rin kasi offer ni GoodYear for a minimum purchase of 2 tires.
    May libreng wheel alignment na, which I greatly need after ko mapaayos ang rack and pinion as per 2 mechanics already.
    I think it contributed sa maagang pagkapudpod ng Yokohamas ko. Hindi pa ako nakapagpa-align ever since I got the car.
    Syempre kasama na rin ang tire balancing. But wait, there's more. May libreng brake cleaning na rin daw.
    Goodyear ATM2 din kinuha ko sa gogulong at sa JIGA Makati ko pinakabit. Yung manufacture date agad ang chineck ko, nakita ko 0922 so fairly bago pa. Libre rin ang weights at alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    You'll see the date of manufacture namsn sa tires mismo. Jiga was recommended here in Tsikot din and they have several branches too
    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Dito ko rin nakuha yang JIGA. Was choosing between Minerva or JIGA pero mas mabilis sumagot ung JIGA kaya yun na pinili ko.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    3 out of 5 stars review ang Jiga store. Medyo nakakatakyut kapag "too good to be true" yung matagal na warranty

I saw that they carry Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 2 in one of their post. I replied with a comment kung magkano sa 205/55R16.
    They replied with their contact info asking me to call for inquiries. Wasn't able to so they messaged me to provide my contact info.
    I am not sure of the purpose of the call if ever kasi simple lang naman tanong ko so they can provide the info directly.

Well, it's good that I have inquired with a Goodyear dealer here in Marikina with good pricing and with free add-on services.
    So I haven't got the need to call Jiga at the moment. Siguro kung mag-decide na lang ako to go with the Michelin PS4.
    Maybe they can beat the price I've gotten from various stores so far for the said premium performance tires.

Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Goodyear ATM2 din kinuha ko sa gogulong at sa JIGA Makati ko pinakabit. Yung manufacture date agad ang chineck ko, nakita ko 0922 so fairly bago pa. Libre rin ang weights at alignment.

Dito ko rin nakuha yang JIGA. Was choosing between Minerva or JIGA pero mas mabilis sumagot ung JIGA kaya yun na pinili ko.

Not to get you into buyer's remorse, but I'm quite sure medyo mas mahal nakuha mong presyo sa GoGulong.
    I'm doing some price matching and some of their prices are ridiculous. Just take a look at my table of comparo below.
    Might have been better if you've gone directly with a Goodyear dealer and avail of the freebies that came with the purchase.

Brand/Model GoGulong Others
    GoodYear Assurance TripleMax 2 6,480 4,400
    Yokohama Bluearth ES32 8,160 4,300
    Bridgestone Ecopia EP300 7,730 4,800
    Arivo Ultra ARZ4 5,230 2,600
    Nexen NFera SU4 6,500 4,600
    Sailun Atrezzo Elite 4,980 2,700
    Accelera PHI 6,060 3,400

Anyway, any feedback on the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax II? Comfort, noise, handling?

Another tire that looks interesting to me is the Nankang NS II Ultra Sports.
    Kaya lang when I look at the available reviews online it's almost 70/30 negative.
    Is the tire that bad?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Not to get you into buyer's remorse, but I'm quite sure medyo mas mahal nakuha mong presyo sa GoGulong.
    I'm doing some price matching and some of their prices are ridiculous. Just take a look at my table of comparo below.
    Might have been better if you've gone directly with a Goodyear dealer and avail of the freebies that came with the purchase.

Brand/Model GoGulong Others
    GoodYear Assurance TripleMax 2 6,480 4,400
    Yokohama Bluearth ES32 8,160 4,300
    Bridgestone Ecopia EP300 7,730 4,800
    Arivo Ultra ARZ4 5,230 2,600
    Nexen NFera SU4 6,500 4,600
    Sailun Atrezzo Elite 4,980 2,700
    Accelera PHI 6,060 3,400

Anyway, any feedback on the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax II? Comfort, noise, handling?

Another tire that looks interesting to me is the Nankang NS II Ultra Sports.
    Kaya lang when I look at the available reviews online it's almost 70/30 negative.
    Is the tire that bad?
    I did some canvassing before I decided to go with GoGulong. I also thought of buying directly from Goodyear dealer but they had no promo for my tire size.
    atm2.jpg

Regarding the tires, so far okay naman sya. Lesser road noise compared to the stock Dunlop. Haven't been to the expressway ever since the tires were replaced so I don't have any feedback on driving in highway yet. Wet driving no feedback pa din since dito dito pa lang ako inaabutan ng ulan at traffic din. Handling, I can say na maganda kapit nya. Last Sunday, I was parking on a side street na baku-bako, basa ng ulan at matarik. Hindi sya nag-skid kahit madulas yung daan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Well, even without the discount hindi na rin masama yung nakuha mong presyo.
    Of course, with the discount then it's much much better.

Thanks for the feedback. With regards the Dunlop, yan yung brand na pinalitan ko with the Falken.
    Ika-6th year niya sana ngayon. Makapal pa ang tread almost mga 70~80% pa ang natitira.
    Tumigas na siya na parang plastic kaya napaka-ingay na. Nasa hulihan lang naman kasi siya.
    Kaya siguro tumigas dahil hindi nga nae-exercise flexibility at elasticity niya.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Curious lang ako kung authorized dealer ng Michellin ang Jiga o kinukuha lang nila ito sa ibang sellers?

Mas ok sana kung meron talagang authorized dealers ang Michellin, yung katulad ng Bridgestone at Yokohama. That gives confidence you're getting authentic tires. Baka may mga naglalabasan na din na fake Michellin tires sa local market (thanks to China)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Curious lang ako kung authorized dealer ng Michellin ang Jiga o kinukuha lang nila ito sa ibang sellers?

Mas ok sana kung meron talagang authorized dealers ang Michellin, yung katulad ng Bridgestone at Yokohama. That gives confidence you're getting authentic tires. Baka may mga naglalabasan na din na fake Michellin tires sa local market (thanks to China)
    Mukhang oo. Nasa site ng Michelin yung Jiga sa Where to buy section ni Michelin.
    Jiga Mags and Tire Supply Makati City - No. 174 Gen. Luna corner Evangelista Sts., Barangay Bangkal, Makati City 12 Makati City | MICHELIN Philippines

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I did some canvassing before I decided to go with GoGulong. I also thought of buying directly from Goodyear dealer but they had no promo for my tire size.
    atm2.jpg

Regarding the tires, so far okay naman sya. Lesser road noise compared to the stock Dunlop. Haven't been to the expressway ever since the tires were replaced so I don't have any feedback on driving in highway yet. Wet driving no feedback pa din since dito dito pa lang ako inaabutan ng ulan at traffic din. Handling, I can say na maganda kapit nya. Last Sunday, I was parking on a side street na baku-bako, basa ng ulan at matarik. Hindi sya nag-skid kahit madulas yung daan.
    GoGulong is just a platform and may patong din sila sa prices. What I do is use the site until just before check-out, the part where you choose your location and they show you a list of shops with the tire you want. After that contact the tire shop directly na.

I got my Nexen Roadians at P300 less per tire pa than GoGulong's price after the showed me which shops in my area have it.

Nice to know legit pala sila. Now I know where to get Michelins when I need another set.