New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    mga guru ask ko lang po about falken tires kung may problema po about sa gulong na ito? plano ko kasi magpalit ng gulong medyo tight ang budget eh. nagtanong me sa evangelita 2500 each bigay nila.

need ko po advice tire ko po 195/55/R15 honda esi ride ko. before dunlop gamit ko kaso lagi bukol kahit makapal pa. any advice po or recommend tire na mejo mura lang pero reliable.\

salamat po

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    One of the toughest tasks facing tyre engineers is getting good fuel economy from a tyre without heavily compromising wet grip. But the elements required for one directly conflict with those needed for the other.

So with Ecorun in the name, this tyre left us concerned Falken had focused on green credentials at the expense of wet road ability. And sure enough, the ZE914 trailed last around the sweeps of the soaking track. The long turn exposed the lack of bite and a rear that wanted to move every time the front gripped. Plus, the tyre lacked traction out of the turns, where it also finished last. But the results got better from there for the subsidiary of giant tyre maker Sumitomo. It was fifth and right in the middle of the pack in wet braking. It was also on the pace in the deep water of the aquaplaning tests. In the dry it felt soft, plus required more lock than most.

Its braking prowess continued in the dry, where it was a little over two metres off the winning Dunlop. It might have felt soft on the circuit, but that didn’t mean the quietest ride, as it could do no better than 10th. And fuel economy? It was a step off the top three but was the best of the mid-range brands.

Source: Falken Ziex ZE914 Ecorun review | Tyre reviews: best car tyres 218 | Auto Express

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    After much research, I finally settled on the Falken Ziex ZE310 R XL Ecorun 94W.
    This is supposedly the much improved successor to the ZE914 Ecorun.

As posted previously, I can't stand the noise of my current Dunlop SP Sports 01 front tires already.
    Makapal pa ang tread kahit 6 years na siya. Yung tunog niya is parang wheel bearing noise na unbalanced.

In my days of research, I have considered the ff. tires in 205/55 R16:

Arivo Premio ARZ1; Ultra ARZ4/5 = Php2,700 ~ 3,200.
    UK designed daw ito na Made in China. Maganda ang tread and sidewall designs. May rim protector pa.
    Mukhang marami na ring gumagamit, mapa-sedan or MPV kaya may mga local feedback na rin.
    Most of the comments are about the thin sidewall daw. May nabiyakan na nga ng sidewall niya.
    Since manipis siya, it gives a comfortable ride pero medyo maalon-alon is their term kapag tumatakbo.

Alliance 030EX = Php3,600.00
    Yokohama subsidiary daw ito, and tama naman since naka-indicate mismo sa sticker label yung Yokohama affiliation niya.
    Nakalagay din sa mismong sidewall na "Made In Japan", certainly a plus point for being legit not garbage tire.
    Yung gulong mismo is an exact clone of the Yokohama Bluearth ES31 with probably some changes in the formulation.
    I'm just not a fan of the tread block design. There are also some not so nice feedback with the Bluearth ES31.

Laufenn G Fit AS LH 41 - Php3,500.00
    Laufenn is a Hankook subsidiary that is based in Bekasi, Indonesia. The G Fit AS is their all-season touring tire.
    In person the tire looks good and pretty well made, unlike Sailun's tread channels that looks cut with a knife.
    That's why I'm pretty surprised that it's almost been trashed in some of its reviews available online.

NeoTerra NeoSport = Php3,000.00
    I have not heard of this brand not until the dealer I inquired with offered me this make of tire.
    It is a Chinese brand that is made in Thailand with tires specifically developed for the US tire market.
    I am for better comfort and less noise and this being sports/performance oriented may not fully satisfy that.

Sailun Atrezzo Elite = Php2,700 ~ 3,200
    Many car peepz are vouching for these tires. These are in direct competition with Westlake kasi and most prefer this brand.
    Tread patterns are identical to most performance touring tires but aren't as aesthetically pleasing though.
    Sidewalls are thin but not Arivo thin. They also have robust rim protection to avoid or minimize kerb rash.
    But the price for what you're getting is really tempting. I can get a full tire change for half the price of the other brands.

I have also considered many other tires - Goodyear Assurance Triplemax, Bridgestone Ecopia EP300, Pirelli Powergy/
    Cinturato P1, Yokohama Bluearth ES32 - but those listed earlier are the ones available to me and fall within my budget.
    I should say though that if they weren't for the fronts, any of the aforementioned tires is good enough for me.

These Falken Ziex ZE310 can be had for Php4,400 ~ 6,000++. Yes, there's quite a discrepancy so need to ask around.
    These tires I am getting are rated 94W XL. So more load and more speed but more for safety allowances.
    With the prices of gas these days, I don't go sprinting much around or doing burnouts at traffic stops.
    These will carry the engine up front and being rated XL (Extra Load) affords me further peace of mind.
    This is very much my worry in fitting those Chinese tires as front wheels. Don't wanna sacrifice safety.

Most of my previous tire purchases were geared more towards performance - Dunlop Sports, Yokohama A.Drive.
    At this time I'm leaning more towards comfort, noise reduction, and longer tread life - things this ZE310 provides.
    It helps that these tires look good also whether in front or on the sides giving me pride of ownership too.

From Tyre Reviews, the ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is ranked 35th of 135 Summer Premium Touring tyres.
    It is 5th of 22 tires in the Auto Bild summer tire test, and 5th of 44 in their 2022 tyre market overview.
    They are 8th of 10 tires however in the 2022 Auto Zeitung SUV tire test, still let down by their high rolling resistance.
    Can't be said of the other tires, even the premium ones, which inhabits the tailend of some of these reviews.
    The issue with the rolling resistance isn't probably as much as reviewers also note the lack of substantial mpg differences.
    Last edited by gearhead000; June 11th, 2022 at 03:14 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Updates especially during this rainy spell? I am eyeing a set of 17s this year.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I currently have a set of the Falken ZIEX Ecorun ZE310 at 205/55R16 profile.
    Ginagamit ko currently sa unahan and so far okay naman for me.
    Yun lang, wala rin ako masyado feedback sa performance as takbong chubby lang ako lately.

In the limited times na I could sprint, confident naman ako even when it's raining or cornering.
    Unlike sa mga reviews though, I can't categorically say na it's a safe tire in dry and/or wet.
    But it's more on my driving style nowadays where I don't even approach the limits of the tire.
    For one, it's the age factor... and the other is may mga CCTV at NCAP na ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    na disappoint ako sa falken.

Falken fk510 made in japan. 2018 manufacture date. mga approx 20t kms natakbo. di naman bilad sa araw at may covered garage. parang tuyot at nag start na mag crack yung rubber.

di pa ako natuto years before may falken din kami sa isuzu fuego pinalitan under warranty nag crack din ng ganyan ang goma.

20230303_120839.jpg

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post

Falken fk510 made in japan. 2018 manufacture date. mga approx 20t kms natakbo. di naman bilad sa araw at may covered garage. parang tuyot at nag start na mag crack yung rubber.

di pa ako natuto years before may falken din kami sa isuzu fuego pinalitan under warranty nag crack din ng ganyan ang goma.

20230303_120839.jpg
    ... reminds me of a popular shoe brand...
    the soul would crack and crumble, and would go separate ways from the rest of the shoe...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post

20230303_120839.jpg
    Japan pa naman ang Falken.
    How many years ba warranty nila?

Although 20k+ kms lang itinakbo, five years na rin sila halos though.

May mga nakausap akong owners ng tire shops near Blumentritt when someone on the forum started a discussion on tires a few weeks back. When na-mention ko about "overaged" tires, one of them showed me a tire left by a customer for disposal. Halatang makapal pa talaga yung tread, but it tore apart/failed on C-5. Mga 8 yrs old na raw yung tire, but the owner didn't even think of replacing it, kasi nga naman, there was nothing wrong with it (makapal pa, hindi cupped/oblong, etc. luma nga lang).

I took a few pics to share on the forum sana, but the "Insert Image" toolbar function doesn't seem to work.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Japan pa naman ang Falken.
    How many years ba warranty nila?

Although 20k+ kms lang itinakbo, five years na rin sila halos though.

May mga nakausap akong owners ng tire shops near Blumentritt when someone on the forum started a discussion on tires a few weeks back. When na-mention ko about "overaged" tires, one of them showed me a tire left by a customer for disposal. Halatang makapal pa talaga yung tread, but it tore apart/failed on C-5. Mga 8 yrs old na raw yung tire, but the owner didn't even think of replacing it, kasi nga naman, there was nothing wrong with it (makapal pa, hindi cupped/oblong, etc. luma nga lang).

I took a few pics to share on the forum sana, but the "Insert Image" toolbar function doesn't seem to work.
    5years warranty. chinichek pa sa goodyear servitek dun ko nabili kun pwede pa i warranty. exacto sa 5years kung 2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FALKEN TIRES need your opinion.