New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have those fugly fake wood trims on my sidings and center console, paano at ano ang pang tanggal nito?

Can Bigbert's do this?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sir artpogi,

how old is the car? The reason i asked this is because in the the adhesive of the wood trims(double sided tape) may have already hardend and has already "eaten through" the vinyl, leaving a permanent mark on the dash and sidings.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Impulzz,

It's a 7 year old car.

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    in that case just leave it as is. baka kasi sumama na yung vinyl ng dash pag tinanggal yung wood trim. and if tangalin, iba na color ng panel na pinagtangalan ng trim from the rest of the dash. its just like removing emblems sa paint, after you remove the emblems on an old car may mark na, yung shape nung emblem... in some cases, if you look closely may pin hole sa paint na pinagtanggalan ng emblem... or in worst cases sumasama na yung paint sa emblem.

dati lancer pizza ko yung aircon panel, wood trim din. Aalisin ko sana kaso risk ko is baka iba na color from the rest of the dash. lalo lang lalaki problem ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    was thinking of that too.

okay, thanks a lot Sir

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Well kaya naman alisin yung adhesive. It would require a different method to remove it. Kaya lang, some of the stains may require restoration.

Fake Wood Trims - How to remove