New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    In one foreign car forum, brutal nga sila magcomment eh- nabasa ko yung reply sa isang post dati:

"If you can't afford to maintain your car properly and HAVE to use el cheapo parts, you've no business behind the wheel, take the bus!"
    Pranka sobra mga amerikano minsan...
    Baka sumakit ulo nun sa mga 3rd world conditions natin dito

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    In one foreign car forum, brutal nga sila magcomment eh- nabasa ko yung reply sa isang post dati:

Pranka sobra mga amerikano minsan...
    Baka sumakit ulo nun sa mga 3rd world conditions natin dito
    I think context is also key.

yes, the china branded tires might be cheaper meaning performance is not "equivalent" to the more known global brands but...

For the American context, they have higher speeds on their roads, specially highways/interstates. While here max on highway is 100kph, around 60mph.

And, for most of the car owners in our neck of the woods, they might just exclusively use their vehicles in city speeds (our local city speeds) so you are less worried about braking distance and just that it has enough grip in the wet and it doesn't easily get worn out. Plus, it lasting long enough to get worn out to maximize the value of its usable life.

I personally haven't used China made tires except 1 set of Triangle Branded Tires for our truck in the past. Then after that was Federal Taiwan Brand Tires mainly but with the price of Federal, I'm more leaning to local Yokohama when possible or Dunlop.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    We were raised to be frugal (even though we don't need to be), but there are some things I just don't compromise on.

Kaya engine air filters, oil filters, always OEM. Tires- always tried and tested brands (though not the most expensive, basta yung ok to good quality), even for the 4 & 6 wheel trucks we use in our businesses.

Makatipid ka ng total of 2-3k (perhaps) for a set of 4 tires with these brands, eh katapat naman nun yung danger sa sarili mo, pamilya mo, other people na madamay a year or two down the road... akin not worth it. Kulang pa ngang pang full tank yang matipid mo at today's fuel prices ah.

It also depends on the usage. Normally 3 to 5yrs you have to change your car tires anyway, now if those china tires will explode for no reason then that's another issue.... I will not use china tires because of that.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    looks like there are not enough vocal users here, who are familiar with those brands.
    try googling for reviews, po.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12