New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Im planning to buy a set of 2nd hand wheels. Rota p45 with westlake tires 235/40/18. Looks good according to the pics. No bengkong daw. Ive texted the owner if repainted na ba. Hindi raw. Rfs is leaving the country soon. Its priced at 20k. This is the greatest thing about it. But it might be too good to be true. Nakakapraning kasi baka sakit sa ulo ang mabili ko. So i need some advice about this. What do i need to check para siguradong okay at no history of bengkong? How do i check it? Wheel balancing ba okay na? Pagnirepair ba ang bengkong will it leave traces that i can catch? Sprry madaming tanong. Just making sure this is a good deal.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Im planning to buy a set of 2nd hand wheels. Rota p45 with westlake tires 235/40/18. Looks good according to the pics. No bengkong daw. Ive texted the owner if repainted na ba. Hindi raw. Rfs is leaving the country soon. Its priced at 20k. This is the greatest thing about it. But it might be too good to be true. Nakakapraning kasi baka sakit sa ulo ang mabili ko. So i need some advice about this. What do i need to check para siguradong okay at no history of bengkong? How do i check it? Wheel balancing ba okay na? Pagnirepair ba ang bengkong will it leave traces that i can catch? Sprry madaming tanong. Just making sure this is a good deal.
    Can't help you so much as I don't have experience picking up a second hand set of rims pero in my opinion - get new tires.

I've never been a fan of downgrading tires when upgrading rims.

Ano stock tires ng EX mo? Yokohama? Bridgestone? Tapos babagsak ka ng Westlake. Doesn't make sense to me eh.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Stock is dunlop. Thanks for the reply. I wont be getting the 2nd hand wheels anymore. Im too paranoid for it. Pero sayaaaang.