New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I have a corolla 97 which uses the 185 65 r14 tire. Currently im using good year assurance. So far ok naman siya been using goodyear for so many years already. Im planning to change tire na sana, should i continue to use goodyear? or dunlop and bridgestone are better? meron din kasi promo yung bridgestone na 3+1 kaya medyo tempting :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Bridgestone is the best in the lot sir.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    the 3 plus one ng bridgestone is a bit misleading.
    They will offer you a 3 plus one promo based on SRP price ng gulong.

There are dealers who are already offering a max cash buy discount of 25% less on srp. This is essentially the same as the 3 plus one promo. so parang marketing lang yung 3 plus 1.

Been using potenzas (Re001 and Re002) on my innova. best grip on wet, compared to dunlop lm703. grip is comparable to michellin ps3. These are based on daily drive only.
    Ive never used goodyear pa due to horror stories ive read here.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bridgestones din ako.
    ayoko ng goodyear, maingay....
    dunlop had that reputation na manipis/malutong ang sidewalls.

also consider Gajah Tunggal.....
    Yokos are also ok.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

bridgestones din ako.
    ayoko ng goodyear, maingay....
    dunlop had that reputation na manipis/malutong ang sidewalls.

also consider Gajah Tunggal.....
    Yokos are also ok.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Never had issues with bridgestones. Wala akong masabi sa quality. Mauubos mo talaga yun tread nang tire. Sulit!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Bridgestone :2thumbsup:. Parang eraser nga lang.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    We should really start comparing each tire size/brand/tread pattern independently. There's a broad range of quality in each brand. Although it's true that some brands are worse across the whole lineup.

AFAIK for 185/65r14 Ecopia EP200 is the only tread pattern available for Bridgestone. The equivalent for Yokohama is Blue Earth AE01. Both are fuel saving tires. Yokohama also has a regular non-fuel saving tire "C Drive". No experience using either but a friend who has a shop says these tires don't have many returns/complaints.

Forgot the tread pattern of Goodyear and Dunlop for that size but I would stay away from them due to the number of complaints from separations from Goodyear and weak sidewalls from Dunlop.

We should really start comparing each tire size/brand/tread pattern independently. There's a broad range of quality in each brand. Although it's true that some brands are worse across the whole lineup.

AFAIK for 185/65r14 Ecopia EP200 is the only tread pattern available for Bridgestone. The equivalent for Yokohama is Blue Earth AE01. Both are fuel saving tires. Yokohama also has a regular non-fuel saving tire "C Drive". No experience using either but a friend who has a shop says these tires don't have many returns/complaints.

Forgot the tread pattern of Goodyear and Dunlop for that size but I would stay away from them due to the number of complaints from separations from Goodyear and weak sidewalls from Dunlop.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    toyo tires.

been a fan of goodyear since my time and memorial. pero nagtry ako yoko okay naman (pricey lang siya for a daily use car), pero i found a new pal my Toyo Proxes. hihihi

ganda ng grip, and still checking if it will last long enough like my good year< yoko.

mura kasi sa cavite ang Toyo Proxes 2.8k lang.

toyo tires.

been a fan of goodyear since my time and memorial. pero nagtry ako yoko okay naman (pricey lang siya for a daily use car), pero i found a new pal my Toyo Proxes. hihihi

ganda ng grip, and still checking if it will last long enough like my good year< yoko.

mura kasi sa cavite ang Toyo Proxes 2.8k lang.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by barurut View Post
    the 3 plus one ng bridgestone is a bit misleading.
    They will offer you a 3 plus one promo based on SRP price ng gulong.

There are dealers who are already offering a max cash buy discount of 25% less on srp. This is essentially the same as the 3 plus one promo. so parang marketing lang yung 3 plus 1.

Been using potenzas (Re001 and Re002) on my innova. best grip on wet, compared to dunlop lm703. grip is comparable to michellin ps3. These are based on daily drive only.
    Ive never used goodyear pa due to horror stories ive read here.
    Would be great if you can post which dealer this is. When I checked with Minerva, they said the 3+1 promo is good only with Bridgestone shops, not the dealers.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    https://facebook.com/notes/945690892130222/

Eto po ung list kung saan available ung promo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast