New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hi,

I would replace my 5 year old stock Dueller AT on Fortuner 2016 G. I was just wondering to buy another Dueller since its a already tried and tested, but im wondering whats the quality of BFGoodrich KO2 because i just like how it looks together with Fuel Vapor.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by apt2a View Post
    Hi,

I would replace my 5 year old stock Dueller AT on Fortuner 2016 G. I was just wondering to buy another Dueller since its a already tried and tested, but im wondering whats the quality of BFGoodrich KO2 because i just like how it looks together with Fuel Vapor.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thank you.
    BFGs
    Pros: it looks good, last long.

Cons: matigas, so medyo may road noise and you feel yun tatag.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Another BFG con: very heavy. May effect ito sa fuel consumption

If 4x2 and city driven naman, i would suggest get HT tires nalang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Another BFG con: very heavy. May effect ito sa fuel consumption

If 4x2 and city driven naman, i would suggest get HT tires nalang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His Fuel vapor wheels wont look good with HT tires though, medyo aggressive look yun wheels nya.

But I agree pag 4x2 HT tires lang.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Check w/ Wh1stl3r...he's got Falkens & more![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Check w/ Wh1stl3r...he's got Falkens & more![emoji106]

Wildpeaks.

Plenty of choices for AT tires. But lahat tius ganda sa BFGs.

Personally went a different route on my ppv, got myself Nitto 420 on a set of gramlights 57transx.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Wildpeaks.

Plenty of choices for AT tires. But lahat tius ganda sa BFGs.

Personally went a different route on my ppv, got myself Nitto 420 on a set of gramlights 57transx.
    BFGs are awesome & durable, just could no longer justify the cost vs. use. Happy w/ decent Deestones.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    His Fuel vapor wheels wont look good with HT tires though, medyo aggressive look yun wheels nya.

But I agree pag 4x2 HT tires lang.
    I think it will look ok if he chooses wider tires with a square sidewall. Something like Nitto 420s or Yokohama Advan Sports.

F150 on NT420Vs

These Pirellis aren't HTs but look kinda HT:

9. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by apt2a View Post

but im wondering whats the quality of BFGoodrich KO2 because i just like how it looks.
    I purchase my tires depending on my intended use. I have a set of Dueler AT for my SUV and the ride feels heavier in my opinion. For comparison, my SUV used to have Pirelli Scorpion Verde, which was excellent for paved road. But I switched to the former because my driving pattern has changed from highway to farm roads (not necessarily off-road). The KO2 was in my radar, but I just couldn't justify the hefty price tag.

Meanwhile, my Hilux had Dueler HT from the factory. When it was time for replacement, I chose Pirelli Scorpion ATR because I wanted a little bit of aggressive looks with a softer ride. The Hilux's suspension is a bit punishing for my tushy . The only time I enjoy driving it is when the bed's loaded.

There are other reputable brands too, such as Michelin LTX, Falken Wildpeak, Goodyear Wrangler, and Yokohama Geolandar to name a few.

But I digress. Let's go back to your original post.

When it comes to quality, you can't go wrong with either BFG KO2 or Dueler AT. If you're going for looks, KO2 has more aggressive thread pattern & sidewall, and it's very popular with off-roaders.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Tires with 3 ply sidewall construction like most BFG KO2's will always be heavier, tougher and ride a lot rougher than their 2 ply counterparts of the same size. Specially if you have a bone stock car. Even with a winch, steel bumpers F and R and a roof rack they still ride rougher. Unless you do a lot of hardcore offroading like rock crawling or frequent areas where your sidewalls may contact sharp, hard surfaces I don''t recommend them.

These are popular in the US because:
    1. their trucks are a lot bigger and heavier.
    2. they tend to use the right size vs us who tend to use oversized tires
    3. they tow a lot
    4. they carry quite a bit more payload

Most LT rated tires have 3 ply sidewalls, and most if not all P metric rated tires have 2 ply sidewalls. P metric sizes are for me more than enough for the average user. Due to them being lighter and thus running cooler, they also last longer than LT rated tires of the same size. Your car will also be quicker and faster and save quite a bit on fuel.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; November 8th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast