New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    S&R: What brands do they carry? Are these mid priced or high end tires?

Goodyear gave me an estimate of P3600 for my 2010 Altis. I used to buy Goodyear tires but I heard that the quality is not as good anymore.

I am thinking of replacing all 4 tires. Is 4k a decent budget already? I don't want to buy cheap tires since I had a bad experience in college (nasabugan ako). I don't want expensive tires though since it is not my daily driver. My stock tires are Bridgestone Turanza, that model is phased out na daw sabi sa Goodyear.

BTW I am wondering why my tires got kalbo at 4 years - 36000 kms. The rear tires are more kalbo tham the front tires too. I did not expect to replace my tires at only 4 years. I was thinking 10 years. In 2003/4 my Mom bought me tires for my big body and when I sold it in 2014 makapal pa rin yung gulong. Yung Lancer ko more than 10 years din ata tumagal yung gulong. I remember I got new tires in college nung nasabugan ako (that was the 90s ) and I never bought new tires until I sold it in 2012. Makapal pa rin.

Yung Altis ko pag tinignan mo gulong akala mo jeep sa kalbo So embarrassing. Baka pinaltan sa casa tires ko. kidding. I have to make a very wise purchase since I am paying it for the tires now. Mahal pala ng gulong. Akala ko 2k each lang
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 6th, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    10yrs ago yung price na 2k each whats your stock tire size? As suggested in previous thread, Kumho Ecsta has good value for money. Mukhang ok din Toyo tires.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What brands do they carry? Are these mid priced or high end tires?

Goodyear gave me an estimate of P3600 for my 2010 Altis. I used to buy Goodyear tires but I heard that the quality is not as good anymore.

I am thinking of replacing all 4 tires. Is 4k a decent budget already? I don't want to buy cheap tires since I had a bad experience in college (nasabugan ako). I don't want expensive tires though since it is not my daily driver. My stock tires are Bridgestone Turanza, that model is phased out na daw sabi sa Goodyear.

BTW I am wondering why my tires got kalbo at 4 years - 36000 kms. The rear tires are more kalbo tham the front tires too. I did not expect to replace my tires at only 4 years. I was thinking 10 years. In 2003/4 my Mom bought me tires for my big body and when I sold it in 2014 makapal pa rin yung gulong. Yung Lancer ko more than 10 years din ata tumagal yung gulong. I remember I got new tires in college nung nasabugan ako (that was the 90s ) and I never bought new tires until I sold it in 2012. Makapal pa rin.

Yung Altis ko pag tinignan mo gulong akala mo jeep sa kalbo So embarrassing. Baka pinaltan sa casa tires ko. kidding. I have to make a very wise purchase since I am paying it for the tires now. Mahal pala ng gulong. Akala ko 2k each lang
    In general tires (whether kalbo na or hindi) lasts 5-6 years kasi rubber hardens over time. Kaya nga diba if you buy new tires its very important to see what the manufacturing date printed on the tire is. Ako din recently I bought a tire for my Lexie and I watched out for the manufacturing date. Its that number as shown in the picture below...

First two digits is the week and the last two digits is the year so the tire I bought was manufactured in the 2nd week of 2014 so bago pa. Basta try to get the newest tires that you possible can...

Kasi you might be getting an old-unused tire sitting in the warehouse rather than a real new tire...

My opinion is there is no need to get expensive tires sayang lang sa pera mga nasa P3500-P5000 level ayos na yan. I suggest Federal Tires very good price/performance.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    10yrs ago yung price na 2k each whats your stock tire size? As suggested in previous thread, Kumho Ecsta has good value for money. Mukhang ok din Toyo tires.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    195 65 R15 yung stock. I will check S&R if they have Kumho Ecsta and Toyo.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    In general tires (whether kalbo na or hindi) lasts 5-6 years kasi rubber hardens over time. Kaya nga diba if you buy new tires its very important to see what the manufacturing date printed on the tire is. Ako din recently I bought a tire for my Lexie and I watched out for the manufacturing date. Its that number as shown in the picture below...

First two digits is the week and the last two digits is the year so the tire I bought was manufactured in the 2nd week of 2014 so bago pa. Basta try to get the newest tires that you possible can...

Kasi you might be getting an old-unused tire sitting in the warehouse rather than a real new tire...

My opinion is there is no need to get expensive tires sayang lang sa pera mga nasa P3500-P5000 level ayos na yan. I suggest Federal Tires very good price/performance.
    What's acceptable na age ng tire. If I buy now, basta 2014 okay na?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep maskin 2013 should be ok... Syempre the newer the better. Don't accept anything that is more than 2 years old kasi lugi ka lang...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I don't know about the car tires, but the SUV tires like Michelin at S&R are mostly old stocks. Labels falling off or dirty or even turning yellow.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

please be aware that tires expire at 6 years, used or unused. expert industry advice to replace your tires between 5-6 years. you can read about this from various studies.

using more than 6 year old tires is dangerous. they are ticking time bombs. don't cheap out on tires since it is your life and your passenger's life that is on the line. just because makapal ang gulong does not mean it is still road-worthy.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last edited by red_one; July 6th, 2014 at 12:14 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Mine also last only 40k kms. Goodyear ang brand... pero Meron ako nabile.. sa focus ko (size16)... 3.2k lang made in china.. compare sa stock mas mataas and load rating na kinuha ko... I already run it in excess of 140kph countless time.. and may time semi hard cornering pa.. more than 1year na din sakin yun. Pero nasa 8k km's. Palang natatakbo...
    For me.. if made in china yung tires I'll be getting nalang at least the next higher load rating.. and a higher threadwear 320up. (para matagal mapudpod). and temperature A.. (iwas sabog)..
    Hindi ko naman ginagamit sa offroad and racing yan.. Tapos backup car Lang... bakit naman ako bibile ng mamahalin..

Imo parepareho lang ang tires kung nasa 2-3k lang ang difference.. yung brand nalang ang binabayaran Mo Dyan...

Sakin Lang kung nagtitipid get the cheap but known china tires w. A higher load rating... or wag ka na magtipid bilhin Mo yung mahal at magandang model ng tires na may pangalan na.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast