New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I usually don't recommend buying secondhand tires unless they're at around 85-90% tread and they're less than 2 years old. If a tire has been stored too long, medyo nag-dr-dry out yung rubber. Better a few thousand pesos poorer and safer than naka-tipid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better go with 2nd hand mags (pwede naman irecondition) then brand new tires.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618
    guys ako rin magpapalit ng rims... medyo mahigpit ang budget ko... sana less than 20k for a set of new 17" na rota rims tapos kahit 2nd hand tires na. total should be less than 30k

most of the exaltas ive seen around with rims seem to choose Rota Spider http://rotawheels.com/products.php?id=45 it looks nice nga pero mas feel ko this one http://rotawheels.com/products.php?id=63

any suggestions and comments are welcome!

im sticking with Rota cuz it seems matibay naman and cheapest ito. Plus gusto ko sanang malaman saan makakabili ng murang rota... the cheapest i could find was 19.8k in Sonnys/Bens in Banawe.
    I think the Sub-zeros look nice, but might be too racy for the Exalta not unless you plan to paint the car's chrome trim.
    I think the Rota Spider 10 fit the looks of the Exalta...
    here's a little preview....
    Last edited by AG4; January 30th, 2006 at 07:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wow daming reply!

un subzero i dont think will work kasi i dont plan on de chroming the built in chrome stuff on my car kasi ibebenta rin namin in a few yrs.

un spider 8 maganda but too common na nga. my best bet right now is the spider 10. yes medyo gipit ako sa budget and i dont think it is a good idea to buy 2nd hand tires ... mern ako nakita 60% na lang thread 8.5k ata for a set of 4... i can get the rims for 20k i think but mahihirapan akong maghanap ng cheap but good 2nd hand tires. Maybe if someone is selling their Spider 10 in 17s... hmmm

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diretso ka na sa planta ser....baka makatsempo ka pa ng sale dun. :D

if tight budget... same with niky and ssaloon. 2nd hand mags/ new tires. hirap na, gulong lang yung contact mo sa ground eh.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pinagiisipan ko kung ito ang ikakabit ko eh... parehas tayo.. looking forward to dress it up like the brabus of hens...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    if you're on a tight budget, i think mag 15" ka na lang kasi pag nag-17" ka, you would need to lower the car otherwise awkward siya tingnan with stock ride height. ang 17's kasi umpisa lang ng gastos: eventually magpapa-lower ka, then kakailanganin mo ng camber correction, and eventually mas mabilis pa masira shocks mo, and mas prone ka sa sayad sa humps. konti lang maisasakay mo sa kotse mo (goodbye barkada) and napakahirap sa mga parking sa mall (lagi ako sumasayad sa greenbelt 3 ramp dati). dahil mababa ka, mas mataas ang chance masira resonator mo (laging sumasayad) and most definitely, yari ka pag baha. mabagal din takbo mo, lalo na pag gabi, kasi baka maka-tyempo ka ng lubak, nakakaiyak mabengkong ang mags.

pero tama ka: stick to rota. matibay. yun nga lang, mabigat ang rota (kaya siguro matibay). btw, pag nag-17 ka na rota, dahil nga sa mabigat, babagal ang takbo ng kotse mo (lalo na sa arangkada).

but then again, that's just me if you really want 17's, siguro hold out for a few more months siguro and save up some more para madagdagan ang budget. mas mahirap siguro bumili ng bagay na hindi mo talaga gusto.
    Last edited by smooth; January 30th, 2006 at 08:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    pm sent to you bro

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just saw this last night, and brought to mind this topic.

with Circuit 8 15's.

with Circuit 8's (photoshopped) at 17 or so.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bagay na rota rims for 02 Exalta?