New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    My brother is planning to change the stock wheels of his 05 CRV to 18inches.

I was wondering if anyone can give us an idea if this would be ok for his CRV? will the 18inch wheels fit ok on the CRV? also, what size of tires should be used together with the 18in wheels so that there wouldnt be any clearance problems?

We were think of 18in wheels then using 235/55R18 tires. Is this ok or is it too big and would cause some clearance problems.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I have an '04 real time 4 wheel drive CRV. I 've replaced the stock tires with 235/55/18's Lenso mags. Ok naman di naman sumasayad. Medyo naging matagtag ng konti yung ride compared to when I had stock tires

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Good to know na wala namang clearance problems with the new tires.. Expected naman na mas matagtag ng konti ung ride with the change.. Ok lang un..

We are thinking of using 235/55 R18 tires or 235/50 R18.. Using the 50series tires, the total diameter of the new tires with 18in wheels will be close to the original diameter of the stock tires of the CRV..

THe thing is with the 235/50 R18s, baka sobra naman matagtag, baka mas ok ung 55s.. Still trying to decide..

Thanks..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noel84 View Post
    Good to know na wala namang clearance problems with the new tires.. Expected naman na mas matagtag ng konti ung ride with the change.. Ok lang un..

We are thinking of using 235/55 R18 tires or 235/50 R18.. Using the 50series tires, the total diameter of the new tires with 18in wheels will be close to the original diameter of the stock tires of the CRV..

THe thing is with the 235/50 R18s, baka sobra naman matagtag, baka mas ok ung 55s.. Still trying to decide..

Thanks..

Hi sir, maganda ang 18;s sa CRV. me ganyan ako dati gen2. kinabitan ko ng UNITED ARROWS MAGS made by RAYS. baka you might want to consider my rims, im planning to sell it na. its 18x7.5x+48 offset...pinile ko talaga yan for CRV, kaso nabenta ko na yun oto. ginamit ko lang sandali sa corona tas naka tago na lang. ang butas nya is universal 5 holes 5x 100/114.

heres how it looks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get the 50 series r18 tires, it'll look better for the low profilelook, but try to get 18 x 8.5 rims so the stance of the rims and tires will look wider, and better grip. the "tagtag" for me wasn't noticeable. used the 03 crv and sold it this year, never had issues with the suspension. goo dluck on your selection.

18in on '05 CRV