New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm.... thanks guys:wink: abangan nyo nalang sa rockwell:lol:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8) ah pang sho show mo sa transhow?.... 17" na yan ...then e super lowered mo pasok sa fenders....grabe ganda non dude!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehehe! 17's with the right offset should not be a problem since ive been using different rim sizes with the same ride ht. 15's,16's,17's.. hell i even used an 18" adler for a day. dko na kaya! :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the 15s with 55series tyres. Sayang 17 for our local roads, papabilog ka lagi ng mags + marami kang mabubuntis na gulong. You just can't avoid to rush sometimes and forget your riding on 17s. Pag naka 15 safe ka.

If you're more concerned that your ride is not looking as lufet as it use to be because there are lots of civics on spoons and local versions of it have become common, go for the latest speedline, mugen + other japanese race mags para lufet ulit. :mrgreen:

Go for magnesium ones para wala kang kapareho, IMHO :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir andeyy, opinion lang po yun :D :lol: :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thankies! everything is noted. :wink: any more suggestions are still welcome para sa future viewers that might experience the same dilema :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andeyyy
    hehehehe! 17's with the right offset should not be a problem since ive been using different rim sizes with the same ride ht. 15's,16's,17's.. hell i even used an 18" adler for a day. dko na kaya! :mrgreen:

...ahhhh.. gotta wear me shades 8)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before naiisip ko na 15 lang pero 17 din ang bagsak ko, cguro ingat lang sa mga potholes, pero mas ok pa din ang dating ng 17".. maporma talaga.. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda

wouldn't that destroy the alignment of your car?

anyway, i'd go with the 15s... with the current condition of our roads, chances are that you'll ruin your 17s pretty quickly...

plus, with the 17s, your mileage will worsten and your acceleration time will worsten...

If correctly plus sized, getting bigger wheels will have no effect on mileage and alignment, and your speedometer.

Acceleration times will degrade in proportion to wheel weight, not wheel size. If the 17's are heavier than the 15's, (which may not always be the case), then acceleration will be affected. If the bigger wheels are heavier, unsprung weight is higher, and the car will need greater force to overcome the greater unsprung weight. In the realistic day-to-day driving world, this will mean very little.

Getting bigger wheels (and doing it correctly by plus-sizing) will also net you wider tires, thereby increasing the rubber you place on the road. Handling will get a little bit better, and steering becomes more responsive due to the shorter sidewalls (meaning less sidewall flex!).

I say, if you have the cash, go for 17's. Good for aesthetics, and good for that little bit of improvement in handling.

17s are NOT made for compacts IMHO...
    I disagree. If done correctly, plus sizing up to 17's has its benefits, no matter what sized vehicle you drive. I do most certainly draw the lines on 19" wheels on a Civic though!

Balance must be achieved, and there does come a point when a car has wheels that are "too-big" for it! 17's (for now) seem to be the most optimum sized wheels for subcompacts and compacts.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well said e46boi. :wink:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
17" rims or 15" rims?