New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    good morning to all of you,

I just want to ask and make some clarification about the 13x7 in front and 13x8 in rear, what are the reasons why they don't put same wide length of rims in the cars?; is there any difference if you put 13x8 both in front and rear?.

Guys, I'm a fan of old school cars and i find it very cool, my project for now is getting a owner type jeep to use it as everyday service going to school, here sample of the OTJ:

My last question is can owner type jeep like that may be consider as a old school mobile or fall under old school categories? thank you for your response.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    good morning to all of you,

I just want to ask and make some clarification about the 13x7 in front and 13x8 in rear, what are the reasons why they don't put same wide length of rims in the cars?; is there any difference if you put 13x8 both in front and rear?.

Guys, I'm a fan of old school cars and i find it very cool, my project for now is getting a owner type jeep to use it as everyday service going to school, here sample of the OTJ:

My last question is can owner type jeep like that may be consider as a old school mobile or fall under old school categories? thank you for your response.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    An old school jeep would be a classic willy's. Those whose form and style (porma ika nga) e go way back to the classic WWII jeeps.

Those galvanized, shiny, lowered and whathaveyou jeeps....are just that. Jeeps.

Sorry but they look like the equivalent of frankenstien's monster to vehicles.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    they put wider (or fatter) tires at the rear coz the OTJ is RWD (that's where you need more traction)

narrower (or thinner) tires in front coz the OTJ isnt power steering (mas masmabigat ang steering pag malapad ang gulong)

no problem if you want all tires the same

My last question is can owner type jeep like that may be consider as a old school mobile or fall under old school categories?
    the term old school (as used here) refers to 80s RWD cars with carbureted engines

so if you build an entirely new OTJ and put in an old carburated engine, i guess old school parin tawag dyan

mag EFI engine ka nalang

para "modern"

hehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wider mags in the back allow you to put wider tires.

This is common with rear wheel drive sportscars, as more grip in the back allows the to put their power to the ground more easily, and helps prevent oversteer.

On a small Jeep with a 4K engine... it's for "porma" only.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

13x7 and 13x8, also ca be categorize as a OLDCOOL!