New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The GT-R is indeed a great value and an extremely quick sportscar, (notably comparable to cars like the LF-A, the Enzo and the 599), but the LF-A isn't being sold on speed alone, but exclusivity and "exotic-ness".

The LF-A has more high-tech put into its construction and engineering, even though the GT-R has a more sophisticated powerplant and is just as fast or faster.

But that's like saying Toblerone is a nice tasting premium chocolate. While that is undoubtedly true, it's not the be-all and end-all of chocolates.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    toyota came up with new materials and methods to make the LFA

that's what you're buying the LFA for -- the innovation and the amount of work toyota put into making the LFA

not for the top speed

and what makes it more special than the GTR is toyota made only 500 of them

unlike the mass produced GTR

it's one of those fine things money can buy

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andylim1 View Post
    *foresterx, great info! but i think the gtr doesn't come up with cheap parts. that makes it one of the top quality luxury sports car same as the lfa. the reason why lfa was priced for that amount because it was named under lexus which is the higher brand of toyota or we can also call it as sister company. if the nissan will make the gtr and named it and put it on their higher brand which is "infiniti" it will also be priced same as the lfa for sure.
    ...and im not trying to be a racer hahaha it just happened that i know the facts about the gtr since we own one. and i dont think it's not a headturner hahaha car enthusiast or not people will surely look at the car not because it is gtr it's because the car is not common and it goes well to other uncommon cars here in philippines like camaro, corvette, r8, lfa, porsche etc.
    come on, i personally admit i always look at the cars whenever i see uncommon cars drive around. who wouldn't right? car enthusiast or not, regular citizen or not they instinctly knw if the car/s is/are uncommon/expensive.
    so lfa or gtr it will surely a headturner for everyone.
    the LFA is expensive because of it's engineering and it's body is made of carbon monocoque, if you check how much cars that has a carbon mocoque is you'll see that the LFA is the cheapest carbon monocoque. that's why it's expensive not because it's a lexus, what's so special about the gtr besides being fast? nothing. gtr, a luxury sports car? where's the luxury in that car? i'm sorry but i've driven lots of expensive cars and owned a couple and the gtr is no where near a luxury sports car. it's a sports car yes, but luxury? not even close. uncommon? in the philippines, yes, but around the world, no. the GTR is not a great car if you'll use it a lot outside the track, that's why you see lots of used GTR's for sale. a lot of them are not even a year old, basically karamihan ng mayayaman na bumibili ng GTR pinag lalaruan lang ng husto tapos pag sawa na papalitan na nila agad. those who keep their GTR's are mostly kids who got it as a gift and can't buy another car or guys who are on the track regularly.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    the LFA is expensive because of it's engineering and it's body is made of carbon monocoque, if you check how much cars that has a carbon mocoque is you'll see that the LFA is the cheapest carbon monocoque. that's why it's expensive not because it's a lexus, what's so special about the gtr besides being fast? nothing. gtr, a luxury sports car? where's the luxury in that car? i'm sorry but i've driven lots of expensive cars and owned a couple and the gtr is no where near a luxury sports car. it's a sports car yes, but luxury? not even close. uncommon? in the philippines, yes, but around the world, no. the GTR is not a great car if you'll use it a lot outside the track, that's why you see lots of used GTR's for sale. a lot of them are not even a year old, basically karamihan ng mayayaman na bumibili ng GTR pinag lalaruan lang ng husto tapos pag sawa na papalitan na nila agad. those who keep their GTR's are mostly kids who got it as a gift and can't buy another car or guys who are on the track regularly.
    alam ko baket luxury tawag niya sa GTR

kasi 7 million pesos

haha

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Baka kasi

Vehicle more than 1M = Luxury.

Haha.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The Ferrari F12 and Lamborghini Aventador are much better than the Lexus LF-A..Mas exclusive at rare pa ang Toyota GT One production car kaysa sa LF-A!

Hoping they'll use that same engine for the next gen Toyota Supra!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    So where's the pics? Post niyo na yun mga expensive luxury/ sports cars niyo. Yun sa PInas, hindi yun sa kung saan saan niyo na grab.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
CAR NEWS: Lexus Manila's lone LFA supercar has arrived