How much is a GTR? Yun na lang. hehe
    7M to 8M lang.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    brand new GTR wala pa siguro 20% ng presyo ng Lexus LFA
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    7M to 8M lang.
    Nakita ko lang sa net, parang $88K yung GTR at $387K yung LFA. hehe, mga P40M nga talaga dito LFA.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    My dad bought GTR R35 2012 for my brother last november 2011 for 7.5M. different prices sa gray market some sells it for 7.9-8M 2012 model.
    If i will have the chance to drive my brother's GTR, i will make an offere to the Owner of the LFA here in Philippines.
    A car to car drag race Skyway.
    If the owner is wise enough, he knows that his 40M car will be eaten alive by Godzilla.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by andylim1 View Post
    My dad bought GTR R35 2012 for my brother last november 2011 for 7.5M. different prices sa gray market some sells it for 7.9-8M 2012 model.
    If i will have the chance to drive my brother's GTR, i will make an offere to the Owner of the LFA here in Philippines.
    If the owner is wise enough, he knows that his 40M car will be eaten alive by Godzilla.
    it is true that LFA would lose a few seconds around the track but
    sometimes it isn't always about speed... LFA and GTR has its own qualities...
    LFA being more luxurious in material and design and has exclusivity...
    while GTR is fast around the track and bang for the buck...

nuff said.... one would go gaga if they were given an LFA instead of a GTR :D considering its a 40mmmmmmm car

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *chunkylover, agree! =) but even if someone was given a car like GTR he/she would go gaga too! haha!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andylim1 View Post
    yes, because everything is about speed.

the lfa is one of the most unique car there in the market right now, and the GTR doesn't even come close to why this car is that expensive. the lfa is the cheapest car ever made with a carbon monocoque. plus a lot of the techniques used to weave the carbon fiber are brand new and pioneered by toyota just for the LFA, with inevitable trickle-down to less expensive cars as time wears on. the engineers at lexus decided against a dual-clutch unit because they felt the gear change was too smooth, and felt too much like an automatic. he car is undeniably expensive, but it's far from pathetic, when you consider the whole package. the engine is a masterpiece, and the chassis is cutting edge. You could hardly call it slow and the fact that there are exotics that are just as fast that cost $100k less is immaterial at this price point. plus, you get the fit and finish, materials quality, and some attention to comfort you'd expect from a Lexus, which is a step up from any of its italian competition. the lfa's target buyers aren't wana be racers like you, their target are rich guys who makes millions of dollars or peso that walks in a dealership and want a car that only a few people has. seriously, old people that makes millions of dollars or peso a year and they walk into an exotic car dealership - "price/performance" never enters their mind, exclusivity does.

the GTR is fast, one of the fastest car ever built right now, but that's all there is to it. it's not a great daily driver since seats are uncomfortable and ride is stiff. it's no where near a luxury car, and build quality mediocre. plus no one even knows what it is but car enthusiast. the GTR doesn't look that great and special to be a head turner.

the LFA only falls behind the GTR at speed, but every thing else the LFA wins and the GTR isn't even to touching the LFA when it comes to everything else but speed.

it makes me laugh when wanna be racers think that GTR is the greatest car ever made.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *foresterx, great info! but i think the gtr doesn't come up with cheap parts. that makes it one of the top quality luxury sports car same as the lfa. the reason why lfa was priced for that amount because it was named under lexus which is the higher brand of toyota or we can also call it as sister company. if the nissan will make the gtr and named it and put it on their higher brand which is "infiniti" it will also be priced same as the lfa for sure.
    ...and im not trying to be a racer hahaha it just happened that i know the facts about the gtr since we own one. and i dont think it's not a headturner hahaha car enthusiast or not people will surely look at the car not because it is gtr it's because the car is not common and it goes well to other uncommon cars here in philippines like camaro, corvette, r8, lfa, porsche etc.
    come on, i personally admit i always look at the cars whenever i see uncommon cars drive around. who wouldn't right? car enthusiast or not, regular citizen or not they instinctly knw if the car/s is/are uncommon/expensive.
    so lfa or gtr it will surely a headturner for everyone.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Originally Posted by andylim1
    i don't think the guy who bought the LFA bought it to race boyracers

that's soooo immature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No pic=BS

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I'd like to see the pics as well.

With vid is best hehehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
CAR NEWS: Lexus Manila's lone LFA supercar has arrived