New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As expected, there was a solution for combining independent suspension with offroad capability. Height adjust and a unique mechanism for extending the side opposite a compressed one using a gas-hydraulic system. End result is a wonderful combination of on and off-road ability.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At a wonderful expense, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kelan kaya ako magkaka RANGE ROVER

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the price of it would be same as that of the S class right?

the blue (for offroading only) lights are way cool! pwedeng pwede sa mga hindi nag bababa ng mga headlights! mwehehehehe! :twisted:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's scary to think about the prospect of those precious electronic systems failing in the middle of nowhere... :|

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At those prices, everything SHOULD be perfect right? But just like mbt pointed out, electronics po yan... Just like "Realtime 4WD" etc. etc etc. ......Nothing beats a good solid axle! Just ask people who know.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    > electronics po yan

not exactly. there's supposed to be a hydraulic link between opposite sides of the vehicle, so when one side gets compressed, the gas or fluid (whatever) gets transferred to the other side, causing it to extend.

thing here is, i think there's a solenoid in between, because they mentioned the system only works when off-road. on road, it should have an effect similar to mercedes' air-suspension.

the question of the system being electronic in nature is moot though, because if i'm not mistaken, even the throttle and brakes will be done by wire, so if the electronics fail, the whole car won't move at all, not just the suspension extension system.

an article is on 4x4 magazine, will scan it and post in a while...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    >>the question of the system being electronic in nature is moot though, because if i'm not mistaken, even the throttle and brakes will be done by wire, so if the electronics fail, the whole car won't move at all, not just the suspension extension system.
    <<

ehehe then that makes it even worse! :mrgreen: i'd personally rather have a simple Patrol myself hehe

kung sa bagay... the new RR is almost pretty much in a class of it's own, and i'm sure it's been tested well off-road... ok ok ok... i'm just sour-graping because i can't afford one :mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aahhh...

still...one of my dream suv's....

sarap nito...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's some excerpts from the article. (large pics)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rave reviews for new range rover!