New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    curious lang ako?...ok kaya ang mga 97 na range rover 4.0 or kahit yung 4.5 hse? madali nga ba talagang masira?...kamusta kaya ang service and parts dito sa atin? any of you have news?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow yaman talaga ni sir hero! :D

nabalitaan ko dati na tagang-taga daw yung service charges sa PGA cars hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ika nga ng mga Americano, owning a Range Rover is like owning a rolling oil leak. hehehe. Ewan ko kung bakit may reputation for leaking fluids ang mga Land Rover products. And if the electronics are made by Lucas, count on them to break down. A lot of owners are going with Bosch parts after the Lucas parts fail.

Everything leaks from the gear oil to the engine oil. Hindi naman major leaks pero magastos ipaayos.

4.6 na ata yung HSE.

Maganda sana ang design ng Range Rover (looks, engineering, etc.). But the build quality has lots of room for improvement. Kaya sa Australia and the Middle East. Land Cruiser and Patrol pa din ang hari because of their reliability.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    gusto ko ung mga rovers..gagwapo..!!

kaso pangit din pala..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Land Rover quality has improved because of Ford ownership but the mid-90s units are still cursed by LUCAS, "Prince of Darkness" The current U.S. Range Rover has a BMW V8 engine. Expect Ford electronic engine controls and powertrains in future Land Rovers.

Ford electrical and electronic systems have done wonders for Jaguar reliability. The Ford EEC-V in your typical F150, aside from being used in Jaguars, is also used in Aston Martins.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    curios lang ako?...ok kaya ang mga 97 na range rover 4.0 or kahit yung 4.5 hse? madali nga ba talagang masira?...kamusta kaya ang service and parts dito sa atin? any of you have news?
    i advice you ask the people who owns Land Rovers here in the Phils.
    you can visit their egroup and post your questions at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/LRCP/

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Some problems on Range Rovers from 96(after BMW purchased company)- the air suspension pump and bellows may need replacement after 5yrs and could cost up to P100k. Oil leaks are common, if it doesn't leak then it may not be a real range rover! Auto tranny needs regular maintenence to prevent problems.

Their used prices have dropped quite a bit since the new model came out. I've heard of units sold at P1.3M for a '97 4.6HSE, this was about P3.5M when new.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Range Rover (aroung 96 model) ng isang client ko from davao was not even used extensively and abused....and yet nag falter ang aircon (cost them some 90,000 kasi parts and labor were not available in davao (inimport pa nila pati trabahador from the dealer).

The next time it got the same problem plus some overheating problem, pinadala na lang nila sa manila para maayos sa manila. Then I think they put it up for sale na.

They probably realized that its too expensive to maintain.

my 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for the replies! mukhang nakakatakot ata to buy one... ganda kasi parang ang range rover ay ang "grandest" of all suvs eh..kaso kung sirain..it aint grand at all!
    dami kasi dito sa alabang na meron at daily driver pa nila kaya i thought matibay...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The BMW engine equipped current platform should be more reliable. However, expect to pay millions for it cause it's still very new. You may also opt to wait for a couple of years until it gets Ford powertrains. In any case, service for it will still be very expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
RANGE ROVER