New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh btw, a beat-up RR or Defender would look equally good parked on the trail as much as it is in the streets of forbes park. just be prepared when ask by the common "tao", " san mo pina asembol yan?"

hehehe..un lang prob ng defender...hehe parang assembled!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup RR or LR Defenders can never be common at all kasi ang brandnew niyan ay mahigit na sa 2M (LR Defender) and RR (4M up)....so hindi talaga matunog yan...

kahit second hand din! 10 y.o 1M parin mahigit

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Definitely maganda yung RR na yan, 20,000 pogi points!...pero mostly V8's ang engine nila...be prepared sa high maintenance cost and fuel cost.

A friend of mine have a RR Discovery na lightly used lang, pero nung bumigay ang aircon, inabot ng almost P100,000 ang gastos kasi full eletronic. The bad side, hindi pa naging kasing ganda ang A/C nya like before.

So suggest ko, ay stay away from full-electronic na RR IF wala kang idea how to fix it either. Ang mahal kasi ng parts nito.

Yung RR na very early models are non-full electronic, so that could be an interesting option for you. Pati na rin ang Land Rover Defender series siguro.

Actually V8 talaga hanap ko sa engine for the RR, more authentic kasi for me. As I said, it will only be a weekend car and not for daily driving (yeah right hehe). I've been obssessed with RRs since my first ride on my Uncle's 1981 3 door. Yup, advice nga sa akin is to avoid the fully-electronic models which is why I will try to keep the choice within the 1980's.

Although I'll be going all out for the restoration, I also don't want it be a money pit .

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    oh btw, a beat-up RR or Defender would look equally good parked on the trail as much as it is in the streets of forbes park. just be prepared when ask by the common "tao", " san mo pina asembol yan?"
    Thanks for the link!

That is one of the things I love about the RR, whether it's covered with mud or it just came outa the detailing shop it still looks good . Most people guess what brand it is or they can't even tell what year model unlike its very common japanese counterparts.

It's that feeling na hindi mo maintindihan but you just love it everytime you see one. I was able to peek at some RRs at JV Ejercito's garage, puro '90s na model in colors that can rival even Mercedes Benz's color line!

A cut above the rest indeed

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks guys for all your inputs

I really appreciate all your thoughts, the more they come in to this thread, the quicker I can finish my planning stage.

I already have some units in my sights that are available for sale from owners who have upgraded versions na of their RRs.

Keep 'em coming!

:cool01:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sali ka sa LRCP. They have a yahoogroup, AFAIK. Madami ka matututunan sa kanila.

Parts and services can be through local dealer, Automarine Handlers (Q.C.), Rover Parts Q.C., etc.

These vehicles are not for everyone. Acquired taste talaga.

The air suspensions are usually converted back to coils (even sa U.S.).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Sali ka sa LRCP. They have a yahoogroup, AFAIK. Madami ka matututunan sa kanila.

Parts and services can be through local dealer, Automarine Handlers (Q.C.), Rover Parts Q.C., etc.

These vehicles are not for everyone. Acquired taste talaga.

The air suspensions are usually converted back to coils (even sa U.S.).

Thanks! Pwede bang sumali na sa Land Rover Club Philippines kahit wala pa ko unit? I'm actually looking forward to the air suspension system, is it hard to rebuild?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede ka sumali sa yahoogroups nila.

Yes, the air suspension is hard to rebuild. Not to mention financially draining. That's why most are converted back to more reliable coils.

Try looking at the projects of East Coast Rover (google mo na lang site nila). Pinapakita dun yung air to coil conversion.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I'm planning to buy a 1987 Range Rover, any advice or experiences?