New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I have a 2005 Kia Sorento that did not come with the OEM roof rails. I want to install a roof rack to allow me to haul larger stuff every now and then but the first shop I went to said they did not know where the safe mounting points on the roof are. Can anyone enlighten me on where holes can be safely drilled on the roof? Gutter-type (those that clamp via door and gutter) mounts will not do it for me since I want a long(ish) roof rack covering most of the roof area and the design of the sorento only allow those mounts to be used further at the front half area of the cabin.

Has any 1st gen sorento owner done something similar before? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by taxo_p View Post
    I have a 2005 Kia Sorento that did not come with the OEM roof rails. I want to install a roof rack to allow me to haul larger stuff every now and then but the first shop I went to said they did not know where the safe mounting points on the roof are. Can anyone enlighten me on where holes can be safely drilled on the roof? Gutter-type (those that clamp via door and gutter) mounts will not do it for me since I want a long(ish) roof rack covering most of the roof area and the design of the sorento only allow those mounts to be used further at the front half area of the cabin.

Has any 1st gen sorento owner done something similar before? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!
    You can check this link. It should be similar.

Kia Sorento 22 Workshop Manual Body Repair PDF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk