New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yes, that's what I said. All those chimes, buzzers, and beeps that every driver is bombarded with everyday. But teka, saan mga complaints nyo nung naglabasan mga features na yan?

And be honest, how many times did those warnings actually worked to remind you of something?

Nobody is giving excuses. I have said, unequivocally, that the driver is ultimately responsible for his passengers. But, does it have to get to the point of no return?.... Let kids suffer because the driver will be held responsible and be put in prison anyway?

You haven't answered my question here.

So, is it a yes or no?
    Simple. Your question was favored to be answered in your favor. That is why i never answered with a yes or no. My answer, in short, was "if you are not responsible then you should not be given a license to drive." Complicated too much than your yes or no answer, i admit.

Of course I do not agree that a child should die from suffocation or heat stroke while left inside a vehicle. That is why their parents should not be allowed to drive in the first place. Too much technology makes the problem worse by shifting the responsibility.

Are you a parent? If you are and your concerns are on how your stocks are doing while your kid is in the back seat then you are not a very good one, are you? Parenting is a full time job. You do not delegate that responsibility to a gadget. Driving is also a full time occupation. You do not delegate it to a gadget, either.
    Last edited by yebo; September 28th, 2019 at 07:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Simple. Your question was favored to be answered in your favor. That is why i never answered with a yes or no. My answer, in short, was "if you are not responsible then you should not be given a license to drive." Complicated too much than your yes or no answer, i admit.

Of course I do not agree that a child should die from suffocation or heat stroke while left inside a vehicle. That is why their parents should not be allowed to drive in the first place. Too much technology makes the problem worse by shifting the responsibility.

Are you a parent? If you are and your concerns are on how your stocks are doing while your kid is in the back seat then you are not a very good one, are you? Parenting is a full time job. You do not delegate that responsibility to a gadget. Driving is also a full time occupation. You do not delegate it to a gadget, either.
    There you go.... I'm glad that you're not ok with children dying. And you shouldn't be.... It is a despicable thing to happen to anyone.

However, the problem with your proposal is that, people left to their own devices will always say that they are capable... until they aren't. So, how do you get to choose who can or cannot drive? What would be the mechanism to do it? What would be the standard by which all drivers can be measured? How does one test the state of mind of every driver on the road? (Not withstanding the long lines we already have to go through just to get our licenses renewed).

Simply put, these are not enforceable. Whether we like it or not, most people will "think" they are careful and responsible drivers until something does happen to them by their own doing. That's just how humans are. There are too many variables that can happen at any random time. But fortunately, the law does have provisions to hold you accountable for your negligence. Then again, by then, a life has been lost.

Anyway, that's my philosophy on these types of technologies. It benefits both the responsible and those that are still a bit lacking. Whether you like it or not, these technologies helps level the playing field and make it safer for everyone.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567